Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2004, 01:26 AM

Default Absolute Bonus (as if you didn\'t have enough there)

15% with Neteller on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. 10% other deposit methods. $100 bonus max each day for a whopping $300 total over the three days.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Absolute Bonus (as if you didn\'t have enough there)

Do these bonuses tend to attract people "in the know" or with more money to move around, ie., the better players? Do you guys notice an appreciable difference in playing quality in the days following these things?

Rhone.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:38 AM

If they attract anything, I would say it is the better players. In the days following a bonus, I would say that the more 2+2ers are playing than anything.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:04 AM

Are you allowed 2 cash out some of your moeny after you recieved the bonus, or do U have to keep it there until itīs cleared?
Old 09-06-2004, 03:59 AM

As with most poker-sites, you are allowed to cash-out your money as you choose and still keep the pending bonus.

Sites that fall in this group include Absolute, Party, Empire, Paradise, UB, PokerStars, Pokerroom.

On AP, the only restriction is that you are not allowed to cash-out for 48-hours after you deposit.

I have deposited for almost every one of their bonuses over the past 2 months and almost always cash-out most everything right when I hit the 48-hour mark.
I have over $2200 in pending bonus-dollars there.

Since I am currently hitting a couple other bonuses and also will be playing through my crypto bonuses AND because I dislike the software slowdowns of AP so much, I MIGHT actually not take part in this one!! Which would be big news for me.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:07 AM

Why dont u take it anyway. Remember - you lose it after 60 days - so its kind of a "recycling" bonus where you can replace "old bonus wich soon expire" with new longerlasting bonuses.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$100 bonus max each day for a whopping $300 total over the three days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly imo.
It says $100 bonus max for each deposit.

My deposit limit has gone up to $1500/day (without any notification or anything, just noticed it on the cashier page). Not sure if this happened for anyone else.

So, in my case, I COULD just make 2 deposits of $750 5-minutes apart and collect $200 of my bonus.

Also - I bet I could continue to collect 2 bonuses a day after that too.
Almost everytime AP has a bonus there is no enforcement of the Max you can get within the period. (they do enforce the max you can get for each deposit though).

For example: Last bonus they had the max was supposed to be $100. I deposted 3x and got $210 in bonus.
Thus, if you actually wanted to try to get more then $300 on this one by making even more $667 deposits over multiple days then you might be successful.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:19 AM

Yes. I've thought of it in the recycling terms before. And I still might do it. Haven't decided.

Also - someone reported that some of their bonus-dollars SHOULD have expired by now but hasn't been taken away yet. I don't know of anyone who has had their bonus-dollars taken-away actually. So we don't KNOW yet how strictly this 60-day policy will be enforced.

The software is the biggest issue for me.
When multi-tabling with 4-6 tables on various sites, if I have 1 AP table open it slows things down a little bit and I just don't like that. If I open 2 AP tables it slows things down a ton. No other site causes any problems like that.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:27 AM

Cant you 4-6 tabling Absolute without slowing down or dont you wanna play/cant find good 4-6 tables at absolute?
Old 09-06-2004, 04:48 AM

1 AP table slows things down a little.
2 AP tables slows thing down a lot.
More than that and I will have occasional time-outs, etc....regardless of whether I am playing on other sites or not. This only happens with AP.

I could conceiveably play 24 tables on non AP-sites I think and not have problems relating to slow performance.
If I play 2 AP tables it starts getting slow.

It didn't happen when I first started playing there but has since become a problem and it's just a pain to play there sometimes.