Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 01:42 AM

Default TP TK first to act

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

I was hoping to CR this from a LP bet, but BB beats everyone to it. Should I have led this? I sure didn't feel good about a CR after everyone called and didn't want to tie people to the pot so I just called.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

I checked here with the same thought as the flop, but after everyone called again I kinda choked and just called. In retrospect I think leading the turn would have been better. The best way to protect my hand. Thoughts?

River: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Easy river raise?

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between Hero, UTG and UTG+1.</font>

I've been playing mostly SnGs for the past two months and my ring game (even after reading SSH) feels really rusty.

Appreciate any and all comments.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:30 AM

Default Re: TP TK first to act

The flop is fine. Hoping to make overcards face two cold is a beautiful idea that didn't work, and you're in perfect position for the check-raise. The bet comes from the BB, so you should call and check-raise a favorable card. Like, say, 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The turn is horrible. When the five hits, your day just got a whole lot better. People are calling and you have the best hand... and you can trap them for another bet. Raise, and get 4 more bets into that pot.

You'll find that when you can trap a whole field for another bet, it's a very beautiful and profitable thing.

On the river, if you'd have check-raised, you'd bet out and call a raise. And hope nobody was calling with A5 or something..