Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2004, 12:46 AM

Default Really crazy betting on this hand and I may have gotten timid

Table is running just over 30% of the people seeing the flops. Average pot on this table is running about $7-$8 up to this point. (This was the loosest and highest betting table at the $0.50/$1.00 limit when I joined it.)

Reads: MP1 is a little loose preflop calling and raising standards but about average player for this limit other than that. MP2 is showing all the signs of being loose aggressive. SB is a solid player (haven't ever seen him play anything other than a solid hand except when he's the BB and gets to play for 'free').

I've been at this table about 45 minutes and it has been a fairly typical PS table. No maniacs betting any 2 crap cards and raising anything just for grins and chuckles. I've seen some of the players playing some weaker hands, but no completely mind boggling plays.

Only 1 other time have I been in a hand where the betting went wild like this and and in that hand I had misread the board (badly unfortunately). So, the betting going wild kind of threw me when I know at least 2 of my opponents are reasonable players.

I am unsure if I was too aggressive or if I wasn't aggressive enough due to how the betting went. By the turn I was unsure if MP2 had managed to hit trips or flopped 2 pair or something else, but I was perplexed and grew cautious by him betting so strongly.

All comments on this one are greatly appreciated.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (24 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 32 BB
Old 09-01-2004, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Really crazy betting on this hand and I may have gotten timid

MP2 looks an awful like lot a very aggressively played KK, or possibly TT. I might have 3-bet the turn, but if I know he hasn't been playing much, I might give him credit for TT, then of course spike a set and crush him on the river.

Nice hand.

Rob
Old 09-01-2004, 01:43 AM

Nice 2-outer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though, nh.

Derek
Old 09-01-2004, 02:17 AM

If MP2 is LAG I'd consider 3-betting the turn. I'm a bit concerned with SB calling two cold preflop then two again on that raggedy flop though, so your line is probably safer.

Nice river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

k
Old 09-01-2004, 08:57 AM

MP2 is lag, so 3-bet the turn. I think JJ-KK are more likely as his holdings than TT. He'd play all of them the same on the flop and turn, and is more likely to have 3-bet pf with JJ-KK. So I think you are ahead on the turn.

If he caps call down. (Well, unless you spike your set so nicely on the river off course.)
Old 09-01-2004, 05:22 PM

Thank you for the replies.

I felt like I should 3 bet with that ragged flop, but with 3 players still in the pot on the turn I got a bit nervous due to the strong preflop and flop betting. I have to admit I was afraid I was facing a set.

To show that you just never know... here is the killer hand that MP2 was betting: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I will also asterisk out part of what MP2 said after the hand, but I suspect you can figure it out... "****in river!"

Sometimes other players are rather hard to figure out. I almost posted this hand in the spirit that GregJ is attempting, but for the life of me... I just couldn't figure out the thought processes behind this one from MP2's perspective.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:15 AM

I hope you added MP2 to your buddy list. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]