Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 02:12 AM

Default Bad Beat Jackpot SUPER FISHHHHHH

I really cannot believe it. With the jackpot this big all the dreams about party have come even more true. Before they would call with bottom pair or mid pair to the river. Now King high is enough for them to bet with until the river. I've been hitting up the 2-4 and cannot believe how fishy those games are. It's like completely amateaurs who just learned how to play are playing 2-4 and raising every pot with UTTER JUNK. They consider K-7 Suited A PREMIUM HAND.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Bad Beat Jackpot SUPER FISHHHHHH

The average pot sizes have been comparable to the other 2-4 games.

-Michael
Old 08-31-2004, 03:04 AM

I Dont see how it could be much different. More people might see the flop. But even a total ignorant can realize that a K high on the river isnt going to win them a jackpot. And what you descrived really dooesnt sound that much different than normal party action anyway, heh.

Whats the jackpot up to now anyway? isnt it like 300K, when is party ever going to figure out the right hand combination so that it doesnt hit 10 times a day, or once every 2 weeks. Youd think they could hire someone who knows something about math to figure it out. Or hell, just look at the HH for every hand.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:13 AM

That progressive jackpot toteboard is genius.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:32 AM

quad 8s beaten...how nutty.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:03 AM

Default i see how it could be much different...

the people who play in the bad beat games are playing in the bad beat games because they like to gamble, THIS IS THE EXACT KIND OF PLAYER YOU WANT TO PLAY AGAINST! that is why it is fishier, it doesnt matter what the requirement to beat the jackpot is. they see how much money is in the jackpot and their eyes light up.

rj
Old 08-31-2004, 05:14 AM

Default Re: i see how it could be much different...

But they have to be fishier enough to make up for the drop, which I don't believe is the case currently. At least not at 2/4.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:17 AM

You need to combine the comparison of gambloooor-fish vs. rake ALONG with the chance that you might actually hit the darned thing.

That probably makes it pretty close.

3/6 or 5/10 players can justify playing on the BBJ tables more than the 1/2 and 2/4 players.
$0.50 each hand is just too much of each pot on 1/2 and 2/4.
At 3/6 and 5/10 it's not as much of the pot obviously and I suspect it might be pushing +EV (or at least is much closer to even EV).
Old 08-31-2004, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But they have to be fishier enough to make up for the drop, which I don't believe is the case currently. At least not at 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, the sample is limited at only some 7k hands so far, but I make more after the jackpot drop than I normally make on 2/4 ring games.

The removal of the 0.5/1 and 1/2 jackpot tables fully explain this. And since so many people on too small bankrolls end up on the jackpot 2/4 tables more of the pot size is built early and stealing even medium sized pots is fairly common. People over their head in limits almost invariably turn weak-tight. The jackpot makes them wild calling stations preflop, and then they fold after a harsh breath.