Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 09:14 AM

Default Hand from Party multi yesterday

840 in a 30+3 buy in...we're down to 11, next to bust loses I think it was 100 bucks...(well doesn't win that 100)...

Folds to me I'm in the SB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I'm pretty sure the blinds were 5k 10k. I have 120k,(around 8th in chips) in chips, the bb has 70k, (after we post). Folds to me I raise to 40k, bb comes over the top all in, I call....quickly....

To me this was an easy call. I had a lot of my money in the pot. I didn't have a great hand but again....a lot of my money is in there and it was only another 30k to call for a pot that was over 100k. Add to the fact that I figure the guy to be coming back at my light, (I had 2 legit hands in that orbit that didn't see a flop because of my raises/all in reraise and I think it put the BB in stand and defend mode). The BB, as pretty much everyone at this point, appeared to be a solid player.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Hand from Party multi yesterday

Push in there if you are going to play it.

I normal raise of 3-4xbb commits you to calling his raise given pot odds (as you note), so you want to maximize folding equity, and that means not letting him think he can push you off the hand.

A bigger question is whether you should play this hand, as T8s is not a good hand heads up. It’s only a small favorite vs. a random hand. It will almost always be a big underdog but with decent chances when called.

--Greg