Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 12:37 AM

Default I think I played this hand poorly. Comments please?

Table is running about 35% seeing the flop. Aggression has been sporadic among some of the players.

Reads: UTG+1 is loose, UTG+2 is slightly loose and sporadic in his aggression, MP1 is erratic (not a maniac, but will play crap one hand and then not play for several hands... almost like he wants to wait for good hands but can't stand going more than a few minutes without playing), MP2 is a solid player, BB is a bit loose and sporadic in his aggression.

All comments are greatly appreciated.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.75.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 08-30-2004, 12:55 AM

Default Re: I think I played this hand poorly. Comments please?

Raise the flop. Odds are nobody has the flush yet and one card flushes will pay you off the whole way--and small one card flushes may actually go away. Plus, if the turn card doesn't suck, you may actually be able to drive out overcards on the turn.

--Zetack
Old 08-30-2004, 07:16 AM

I was going to tell you to fold preflop, but then i looked at SSHE again, and Miller et al say its playable, so there ya go. That having been said, i fold this preflop.

Flop. Raise. You have the top pair with a good kicker, and you shouldnt believe someone already has amade flush. If they do, you want the action to occur here, on the inexpensive street.

Turn. This does nothing except complete the 97 gutshot. Raise the turn.

River. Paired the bottom button. I would raise here, assuming i had no reason not to from previous streets. But i like raising on fifth street.

peace

john nickle
Old 08-30-2004, 09:31 AM

I still dont have it in me to play this preflop.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:02 AM

i fold this preflop as well
Old 08-30-2004, 11:12 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I have to admit I hate this hand, which is part of why I played it so weakly. SSH recommends playing any two offsuit cards ten or higher from late position so I play this, but it is about my least favorite starting hand.

When BB raises behind me preflop and comes out firing on the flop it made wish I had folded. I kept telling myself, 'You have top pair, you should be raising this!', but I kept getting hung up on the preflop raise and how vulnerable my hand was (which of course is part of why I need to be raising if I understand the concepts correctly).

For those that say you fold this from late position, where do you play KT offsuit from if at all? BB only when all you have to do is check?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:19 PM

you are behind 2 limpers and one forced hand (poster) in the pot..in the ~spirit~ of ssh I would fold or raise..if you raised and were reraised by the bb i would call and see flop...if bb bet out I would raise then if bb re raised (not likely unless he has the nuts)you would have a lot more info..I believe this would give you the best chance to win the hand.. he might even fold a big pp or even a set with out a spade??
Old 08-30-2004, 12:21 PM

I complete it from the SB, that's about it. or if I'm in the CO/Button and it's folded around to me, I'll raise with it. but if there are any limpers in front and I'm not in th SB, I fold.