Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2004, 08:15 PM

Default Party Hand History question

Is anyone else not getting the emails? I've been having this problem on and off for the past few days.

thanks,
matt
Old 08-29-2004, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Party Hand History question

I've been waiting almost a week for hand histories now. I've sent several emails to customer support and they have been oh so helpful. They say they'll let me know when they fix the problem, but I'm not optimistic right now.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:58 PM

i am getting them fine
Old 08-29-2004, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been waiting almost a week for hand histories now. I've sent several emails to customer support and they have been oh so helpful. They say they'll let me know when they fix the problem, but I'm not optimistic right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll only get your last 100, they are fuckers when it comes to hand histories.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone else not getting the emails? I've been having this problem on and off for the past few days.

thanks,
matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Something very strange happened w/ my hand histories starting on Friday night. All of a sudden, they stopped coming through. I'd click to send them, and no email on the other side. First I thought it was an Empire issue, but I switched my email address to a Yahoo one, and the hand histories came through just fine. The problem is still there even today.. For some unknown reason, I can't get them delivered to my usual email address. I contacted the ISP's tech support, checked the spam filters, blah blah blah, no emails anywhere. I thought the ISP was just f_cked up, but maybe Empire has a problem on their end? At any rate, it works for me to send them to Yahoo. Look for a program called YahooPOP or something like that, it'll convert your Yahoo to a POP so you can use Outlook/PokerTracker. works for me.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:14 PM

A lot of ISPs (*cough* AOL *cough*) blacklist mail from online poker sites as spam. It sounds like this is what happened to you -- particularly since you're receiving hand histories to your Yahoo account OK.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of ISPs (*cough* AOL *cough*) blacklist mail from online poker sites as spam. It sounds like this is what happened to you -- particularly since you're receiving hand histories to your Yahoo account OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

My ISP is not AOL though, and I emailed them and they checked the blacklist and said it wasn't in there. That was my suspicion as well (still think that's the most likely cause). I was in the middle of a session and was emailing tons of hands to myself, and all of a sudden they stopped. They were cut off somewhere, but both Empire & my ISP say things are fine on their ends. At any rate, it works going to Yahoo and YahooPOP makes it all good...
Old 08-30-2004, 04:15 PM

Mine havent come through since Friday either. I can get my last 16, when I request I get them instantly. But when I request 17 or more I don't receive any.

They rang me and a few people are having the same problem and they are looking into it.

A similar thing happened to me about a week and a half ago and I never got them. Very annoying.

StuR
Old 08-30-2004, 04:20 PM

I've been getting mine no problem throughout the weekend, 100 at a time requested from PT every 30 minutes.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:28 PM

I was getting this when using Eurobet. For some reason, Eurobet seems incapable of sending HHs to my yahoo address (I get them Party, Empire, and Intertops fine).

FWIW, here's a hack/workaround that I put together for when you notice you are not getting HHs in the mail:
After you leave the tables, but BEFORE you exit the software, go to the software's main directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\CoralEurobetPoker). You should see several files with the extension of ".hhf". These are the files which drive the Hand History window in the client program, and there should be one file per table. They don't have nearly enough info to populate PokerTracker (for instance, it's missing the game date), but they DO have the game number. Due to CRLF issues, open them in Wordpad (if you don't know what CRLF means, don't worry about the why, Notepad is just too stupid to read the files correctly).
Then go to a skin with functioning hand histories (e.g. Party), and manually request every Game Number from that file. Yes, it's tedious, but it's better than losing track of those sessions forever.

NOTE: Make SURE you get these files BEFORE you exit the software. When you close the program, it deletes these files, and they are then gone forever. I suggest saving all of them off to another directory before exiting. Worst case, you will have SOME log of your play, even if you don't currently have an intelligent means to interpret it.