Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2004, 04:42 PM

Default 1-2 NL at foxwoods...

This is a hand that was bothering me for a while. Want some suggestions.

I am in the SB and i'm dealt AKo. There are a couple of limpers, I raise to 10, and everyone calls. Flop comes K 8 4, rainbow. I'm first to bet, so with my TPTK, I throw out a 20 dollar bet. I get one caller from middle position.

Turn comes blank, so I check thinking that he might have hit 2 pair or a possible set. He throws out a bet for 40. I think for a while and then fold.

Comments?
Old 08-28-2004, 06:36 PM

Default Re: 1-2 NL at foxwoods...

I don't think I would have even bothered betting the flop. Chances are you are way behind. Fold then.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:50 PM

You're kidding right?

A few things:

1) You should mention stack sizes, as the answers will be different if you have $50 or 50000 in front of you.

2) This should probably be posted in the small stakes forum

3) a $20 bet into a (my estimation) $60 pot isn't going to scare anyone, you should have probably made a pot sized raise

4) Some people don't always raise AKo out of position, it sometimes makes it easier to play that way.

5) Again, don't know how big the pot was, if the villian was a good player, or what not, but I feel like you gave up to easily. But we need more details...
Old 08-28-2004, 08:30 PM

I play in that game frequently and chances are that you are still ahead. The only thing to fear is pocket eights. I would lead in with another 20 and see if the opposite player goes over the top. People tend to like to act on the turn at foxwoods so if he comes over the top you can reevaluate your hand but chances are that you were up against KQ. If you had a good read on the guy that is another story, but i like leading into the pot again.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:17 PM

Easy all-in. This is Foxwoods baby NL. Also, wrong forum.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:09 PM

I play in this game a lot, and TPTK is an easy all-in on the flop or turn against most of the opposition there. You said that you checked on the turn because a blank came. I'm confused, did you think he flopped a set/two pair, or that he turned one? I would be much more worried about a Q, J, or T on the turn than some rag card. It's much more likely that the other guy has KQ, KJ, or KT. I would have pushed all-in on the turn.

You probably surrendered this pot to a hand that you were FAR ahead of.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:25 AM

He raises pre-flop with AK, flops a king, and you wouldn't even bet the flop in a mini NL game...you can't be serious.

I'm not sure I like the fold when a brick hits...I think I'm much more afraid of paint
Old 08-29-2004, 03:33 AM

He couldn't have KQ?
Old 08-29-2004, 05:40 AM

Judging by the responses to you, im guessing you are not much known for sarcasm around these parts [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2004, 08:43 AM

For those that don't know, the Foxwoods 1/2 game has a MAXIMUM buy-in of $100 so.... no one (usually) has substantially more than that, barring random people who have busted out more than their share -- however, MOST of these people, once they get to $300 or $400, seem to get up and leave.

Regardless, yes, stack sizes would be relevant but I can't see folding to that wager on the turn.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com