Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 09:13 AM

Default Out Fishing...

Would anyone play this hand differently?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
Old 08-27-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Out Fishing...

whats with the check-call on the turn, you got lucky that the BB check raised.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:18 AM

Bet the turn, but since you didn't I like how you played it once MP1 bets. If BB hadn't raised for you, bet the river.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:20 AM

Usually when I raise Preflop with a PP and hit my set I bet out as I did here.
On the turn I thought a check might make them think I was bluffing with the flop bet and thus making them more willing to play there hands. As it was I got lucky not being checked through and also getting a checkraise...

Is there a better approach to extract the most money out of these hands??
Old 08-27-2004, 09:24 AM

1) this turn could have SOO easily gotten checked through. theres only one ten left and a decent chance neither of them has a 2
2)if someone does have a 2 theyll probably wait to pop you on the turn. bet out, get raised, reraise.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:24 AM

I admit that I got lucky with the check raise, but if I had check-raised I certainly wouldnīt have gotten any1 coldcalling and could also make the original bettor fold.
I was hoping for someone in EP to bet so I could trap the whole field as it was I was going for the overcalls...
Old 08-27-2004, 09:26 AM

yup, couldnīt agree more
just wanted some confirmation of what I suspected...
Old 08-27-2004, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but if I had check-raised I certainly wouldnīt have gotten any1 coldcalling and could also make the original bettor fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

more reason to bet out
Old 08-27-2004, 09:31 AM

The only thing I might have done differently is on the turn if I wanted to try check-raise, I would probably have raised on the first bet, because I would not have planned on a raise behind me that I could then re-raise. I think the way it worked out, you probably got the maximum number of bets in the pot. I wonder if BB would have raised if you had bet out on the turn. If so, there is a possibility he may have capped here if MP dropped out (since he probably thought at that point he has you beat or has a draw for the best hand, and he probably thinks you just want to keep control of the hand.) I would probably put him as having A2, A any of [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s or more likely 2 connecting [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s since he did not raise the river. Probably 8,9 spades, and then when he missed his flush, the nine trapped him for one more big bet. (If a spade hits on the end, the betting is probably capped)

I think you probably got as much out of this hand as possible. Nice win.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:38 AM

He actually showed me 44 ...

Told you I was out Fishing... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]