Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2004, 05:07 PM

Default SHould I have mucked at any point?

Crazy hand, UTG+2 was playing over 50% of hands delt since I sat down, MP had just sat down at the table.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.75.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (25 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls $0.25 (All-In), UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (21.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (25.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 37.75 BB
Result in white:
<font color="white">Hero shows Q full of T
UTG+ shows 7 full of T
MP1 shows Quad T </font>
Old 08-26-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Re: SHould I have mucked at any point?

Is MP1 going to cap this with AT? I seriously doubt it. You're drawing to two outs. I hate mucking hands in situations like this, but even if everyone else is a monkey and will call along, I don't think you're going to get 22.5:1, and I think you're beat.

Rob
Old 08-26-2004, 05:19 PM

I think I would've folded on the flop, but since you DID call you had odds on the turn for a two outer (I think)

-Sent
Old 08-26-2004, 05:45 PM

I agree that the flop would have been the place to get out if you were going to... but should you? You have to figure that you're drawing to 2 outs with 3 different players showing aggression and button calling 4 cold. You're looking at 39:3 (13:1) when it comes back to you, which means that you have to make up about 5 BB in implied odds to break even. Is that likely? Don't know... but it's at least possible.

A huge 6 way pot with multiple aggressors seems like it might be a good place to make a loose call drawing to the near nuts when you're almost guaranteed to get lots of callers if you hit, and plenty of action from at least one person with a smaller boat. You can always fold on the turn if you don't like the way it goes down. I can think of worse places to risk 1.5 BB. If you're willing to fire off an extra shot on the turn heads up with overcards, or occasionally bluff a scary board, wouldn't this seem like a good time to risk an extra bet or two?

Thoughts?
Old 08-26-2004, 06:03 PM

I think the implied odds for hitting a queen are huge, they cant really put you on a better full house, especially after the turn card. But does that make it worth a call? Say both the 7 and T are live then you are looking at a capped river, so 8 extra bets. 1:21 odds on the turn to call? Still not enough so I would fold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Sent
Old 08-26-2004, 06:36 PM

I agree with Sent - Fold the Flop. Even if the Queen gave you the nuts, the odds don't favor calling three bets on the flop? And unfortunately, in this case, the Queen wasn't the nuts; as you would have been better off it had never come on the river! Aside from the results though, dangerous flop, not good odds, get out!
Old 08-26-2004, 06:38 PM

When it comes back capped to you on the flop, you need to fold.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:07 PM

My first thought was that this is an easy flop fold. It's what I'd do, and I probably wouldn't give it a second thought. But that's what these boards are for... giving it a second thought, so I figured it was worth playing devil's advocate to see if there was something I was missing. Good to know everyone's on the same page.