Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Goldilocks QQ hand

Did I play it too fast? Too slow? Or just right?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
Old 08-25-2004, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Goldilocks QQ hand

I think you played this good, but I think you lost to 88 or TT.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Goldilocks QQ hand

I'd have played it the same. I think CO was overplaying something like AT and the SB didnt really have much. I think your hand is good but then again putting people on hands is not exactly the strongest aspect of my game. Also, wait for the BB next time before playing.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:51 PM

Default RESULTS

CO had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB had T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

MHIG. Ain't micros great?

For the person who said to wait until the BB before posting, read what Ed Miller has to say on the subject. It really doesn't make a difference when you post (although I don't think I could do it from UTG).
Old 08-25-2004, 09:39 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

If I recall correctly, Ed elaborated on the fact that if people notice you waiting for the BB for too many hands, then they will think you are too serious. I find it hard to believe most online players hardly even notice when you post or if you wait for the BB. Many probably have other things occupying their interests while not in a hand. (In a live game the book is probably spot on but I couldn't tell you about that). Maybe I should have elaborated earlier, but waiting gives you a nice chance to watch the table if you haven't already done so and saves you the bet you'd be putting in and then being dealt a junk hand. But hey, that's just what I think, and what do I know? I'm just a "journeyman". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

And in no way am I trying to say Miller is wrong. I think the suggestion was just for a live game where the common person can more easily identify certain characterstics with certain people.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:32 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

If I recall correctly, Ed elaborated on the fact that if people notice you waiting for the BB for too many hands, then they will think you are too serious.

He said something to the effect of, "Whether you post or wait for the BB doesn't make much difference mathematically." I'd look it up but I lent my copy out already.

-b