Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 10:06 AM

Default Pair of TT hands

Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster sort of thing. Just finished SSH, and my head is swimming. Had a pair of hands come up last night one right after the other at the same table, where I tried to use concepts from the book. The first one I'm fairly sure I played well, but the second one I'm not as confident. I wanted to post them here to get some reactions.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds.

River: (13 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font>

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.50 BB, between UTG+2, MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (14.50 BB).</font>

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Pair of TT hands

First one I like very much. Were you up against a big ace or possibly A9o?

The second one I think you still played right. Either seems like an overaggressive 8 (hopefully not A8) or a very pushy flush draw. What was your plan for the river? Check/call?

Rob
Old 08-24-2004, 10:18 AM

On the second hand, I check-raised on the flop to try and push out overcards and gutshots, but with the ace falling on the turn I wasn't too pleased. The pot's too big to give up, and I was more than happy to check/call the hand down.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the second hand, I check-raised on the flop to try and push out overcards and gutshots, but with the ace falling on the turn I wasn't too pleased. The pot's too big to give up, and I was more than happy to check/call the hand down.

[/ QUOTE ]
In that case, you played it like I would. I'm not sure if that's the right way, though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 08-24-2004, 11:26 AM

Default Results

Hand 1:
Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (15 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Th Td (three of a kind, tens).
MP1 shows Ac 3c (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 15 BB. </font>

Hand 2:
Final Pot: 14.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.50 BB, between UTG+2, MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (14.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Td Tc (two pair, tens and sixes).
UTG+2 shows Kc 8h (two pair, eights and sixes).
MP1 shows 8s 3s (two pair, eights and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.50 BB. </font>
Old 08-24-2004, 12:02 PM

First hand looks great. Second hand I still would have bet out on the turn. Remember that the Ace is a scare card for your opponents too. If you get raised you can call down, but there are plenty of times that no one has an Ace when it's three handed like that.

Nice plays though. TT can be a tough hand to play I think.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:43 PM

Anyone else checking the first hand pf and just completing in the second? From the blinds I'm playing TT for the set or for a board like you had in hand 2.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else checking the first hand pf and just completing in the second? From the blinds I'm playing TT for the set or for a board like you had in hand 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. Failing to raise TT from any position preflop against a bunch of loose limpers in these games is a mistake.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:24 PM

Nice to see FOFC boys playing hands well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2004, 04:16 PM

Welcome. In hand 1, I'd think about the liklihood of him raising the turn vs the liklihood of him betting out if checked to. What you're trying to figure out is if it's better to bet in hopes of being raised (so you can 3-bet), or to check in hopes getting in a check/raise. There's, of course, the risk that he'll check it through, but with him capping this flop it's probably fairly unlikely. A lot of people shut down on the turn in the face of aggression without a what they consider to be a really big hand, so a c/r is often a good plan when someone else put in the last bet on the flop.

In hand 2, I bet the turn and either fold or call down if raised depending on my read.