Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 03:14 AM

Default game where its sinful(and incorrect) to fold preflop

everyone antes .25 spread limit 10 handed .25 - 1.00 what hand can you fold in a passive bet a quarter game like this preflop? i won a 20.00 pot with 25o. was a great game outside of the limits, it was the best game i ve ever played in.... dunno what to do except never fold ever preflop and rarely on the flop any other advice? thanks for any help you can provide
Old 08-24-2004, 03:49 AM

Default Re: game where its sinful(and incorrect) to fold preflop

I still fold 75% pre-flop and feel like I'm playing too loose....
Old 08-24-2004, 04:11 AM

that cant be correct there are not blinds and some one bets one quarter 5 people call that is 16-1 on your .25 immediate odds its near im possible to fold any hand 27o in cluded without seeing a flop me thinks.....but what do i know? anyone else have an opinion?
thanks,
jason
Old 08-24-2004, 04:20 AM

How many 72o flops are likely to hold up to the onslaught of 9 other loose/crazy players?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:57 AM

I'd want a little something preflop I would probably play almost every hand on the button, and in the blinds, but in early position, I would use a little discretion.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:33 PM

not sure about 72o only time i had it i saw a free flop then folded, but i called a .25 with 95o, and 25o and dragged a huge pot with trips and two pair respectively. yes i know this should not happen but it seemed if i wanted a cheap/free card i got it if i wanted to jam the pot with the nuts on the river 3 people were still there to call me(and did so)ace high was shown
down proudly quite a few times in this game (as a loser of course) and pocket threes were calling max bets all the way to the river, the one time i had aces i got raised twice by Q4 that made bottom pair. i do see the discretion in folding truly awful hands preflop for .50 or more but im not sure unloess the game gets more aggressive that it is ever correct to fold for the standard quarter. also ramming with top pair seems good on the flop because a ton of worse holdings are calling drawing to thin outs (5 or less usually). please if anyone has good ideas on optimal play, in this situation passive clueless game lmk i think i will do well regardless jsut trying to play excellent post flop game but it never hurts to hear some advice (with reasoning behind it)on perfect play. me thinks this would be a good one for the math minds to ponder.i think it average 6 or 7 players seeing the flop while ten handed. btw im not trying to justify gamboooooling i just htink this is a situation where seeing as many flops as possible is good, when none of the players show even a hint of strength.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:01 PM

If you can establish 72o is a loser in this game, then it's just a matter of where the line is. 25% might be too tight. Probably closer to a blind wars set of hands, which gets you to the 30-40% range.