Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2004, 11:05 PM

Default What are the odds!!!!!?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (22.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 8c Qc (flush, queen high).
UTG+1 shows 9c Tc (flush, ten high).
CO shows Kc Jc (flush, king high).
Outcome: CO wins 25.50 BB. </font>
Old 08-23-2004, 04:12 AM

Default Re: What are the odds!!!!!?

Aww...I wish I was in there with 26o in the BB
Old 08-23-2004, 06:43 AM

Here's a funny hand I played the other day:

I had Q8c in the SB in a .10/.20 game on Pacific. I completed and flopped a flush. To be specific, the flop was 239, all clubs, of course. I bet and get called by a couple guys. The turn is the Ac. I bet and get called again. The river is the 5c. I bet, and get reraised. I call and get shown the 4c for the runner-runner straight flush. It was so bizarre that I wasn't even mad and just laughed it off.

Just for kicks, I went to www.twodimes.net/poker and got the percentages for my hand versus his (As4c) after that flop. On the flop, I was a 99.8% favorite to win and after the turn I was a 97.7% favorite. I doubt I'll see a hand like that for a long time (hopefully [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 08-23-2004, 08:10 AM

Here's a hand I played yesterday.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results below:
Hero shows 2d Ad (flush, ace high).
MP2 shows Kd 6d (straight flush, king high).
Button shows 8s 8d (straight flush, queen high).
Outcome: MP2 wins 15 BB.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:37 AM

Bison,

did you give any consideration to reraising the river? Or were you fairly certain that the raise meant you were beaten?

Chris
Old 08-23-2004, 09:40 AM

did you give any consideration to reraising the river? Or were you fairly certain that the raise meant you were beaten?

I didn't reraise because I was 99% sure I was beat. I also didn't want to fold to a cap.

When someone raises in a protected pot and gets a coldcall with 4 to a SF on the board, eeek. My call was monkey insurance. If I reraise, I'm the monkey.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:43 AM

I probably wouldve done the same thing in this case, was just curious about your thought process. I probably wouldve thought about reraising but really there is no point in doing so other than losing another BB in this situation. Interesting hand though just because of the temptation to reraise with the nut flush.

Chris