Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2004, 07:48 AM

Default Americans display utter lack of class

In the final of the men's 8 rowing, the heavy favorites going in were the American boat and the Canadian boat. This rivalry has existed for some time. The American boat slaughtered the field and the Canadians, in true Canadian fashion, [censored] all over the proverbial bed and placed fifth.

After the race the Canadians were obviously heartbroken, and were seen hanging thier heads in shame. The Americans, in true American fashion were seen pointing at the Canadian boat and taunting them. It's not news that Canadians blow it when the pressure is on. It's also not news that the Americans act like jackasses in front of the rest of the world. Yet another example in the long list of classless acts from American atheletes.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Americans display utter lack of class

That's not even classless. I don't even know what that is.

~D
Old 08-22-2004, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yet another example in the long list of classless acts from American atheletes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you can behave how you like when you win - some choose to behave like wankers and i have seen a few american examples - i'm thinking that gary hall is a wanker

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 08-22-2004, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's also not news that the Americans act like jackasses in front of the rest of the world. Yet another example in the long list of classless acts from American atheletes.

[/ QUOTE ]

So condemn all American atheletes due to the actions of a few? I've seen many examples of American atheletes being gracious in victory and defeat during the Olympics.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:13 AM

One our male runners too, after winning one of the 100m semi-final rounds, started pointing into the t.v. camera, talkin' to the camera, letting us know that he da man. When it happens, I feel like they aren't representing anybody but themselves. This is fine for, let's say, professional boxing, but is so god damn inappropriate for the olympics IMO.

Old 08-22-2004, 09:19 AM

I am trying to remember that hockey incident that occurred in Canada a year or so ago? Lots of Canadians booing the United States national anthem before the game or something like that? Maybe you or someone else could help refresh my memory.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:25 AM

It's truly embarrassing that they would do this while purportedly representing our nation.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am trying to remember that hockey incident that occurred in Canada a year or so ago? Lots of Canadians booing the United States national anthem before the game or something like that? Maybe you or someone else could help refresh my memory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice MMMMMMMMMM.

Also, who knows, maybe there was a lot of trash being talked back and forth.

You know, I think these kind of actions are brutal, but to imply that all americans lack class probably stems from jealousy that we absolutely kick ass!!
Old 08-22-2004, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the final of the men's 8 rowing, the heavy favorites going in were the American boat and the Canadian boat. This rivalry has existed for some time. The American boat slaughtered the field and the Canadians, in true Canadian fashion, [censored] all over the proverbial bed and placed fifth.

After the race the Canadians were obviously heartbroken, and were seen hanging thier heads in shame. The Americans, in true American fashion were seen pointing at the Canadian boat and taunting them. It's not news that Canadians blow it when the pressure is on. It's also not news that the Americans act like jackasses in front of the rest of the world. Yet another example in the long list of classless acts from American atheletes.

[/ QUOTE ]

BEN JOHNSON.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:00 PM

Not only were they Canadians, they were French Canadians. Booo!

Of course, I doubt that these same Canadians were in the rowboat during the contest. Had they been, I think this conduct would be almost understandable.

Two wrongs don't make a right yet, do they? I know some people are trying to perfect the formula.

NT