Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 10:32 PM

Default Pokerstars vs. Party Poker--which one has easier games?

I'm about to make a switch to one of these two sites.

But I need some guidance before I begin the process of moving some money over.

Which site in your opinion has the easier 10-20 to 30-60
games? Is Pokerstars tougher?

Comments appreciated.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars vs. Party Poker--which one has easier games?

Party is much much easier for any game that both sites spread.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:20 AM

Party has the looser players at the 15-30 level, but the games there also are more aggressive. This combination means that your bankroll is going to fluctuate seriously no matter how well you play. Its easy to go on 6K+ swings there. If your moods and bankroll are geared to a more structured game, play Pokerstars.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:00 AM

ZeeJustin (or any other posters with relevant expaerience),

I don't remember playing with you in the Party 30 game last Winter+Spring, maybe a few times but I'm not sure. I took the summer off from online poker and just played live. Now I'm back in Law School and far away from B+M poker so its back to online. I see your playing in both the party and stars 30 games now, and just wanted your opinion on how the Stars game differs.

Heres my impression of the party game:

It plays very differently from the PP 15 game in that most pots are 2-3 handed, and most players will play GENERALLY correctly both pre-flop and post-flop.

Obviously it's more aggressive but less loose.

The players in the pp 30 game will sometimes misplay and often(or can be induced to) overplay their hands post-flop and give excessive action.

There's maybe 2 or 3 "regular" outright suckers in that game and numerous random ones that pop up from time to time.

Most players in that game definatly have exploitable weaknesses to varying extents.

The only players out of the 80 or so regulars that I legitimately respected were RodRattler, Sacker, Diasporic, and to a lesser extent MorningCalm. With them I generally didn't make any money off of them and they didn't make any money off of me.

My experience with the Stars 30 is pretty limited. I wanted to start playing there more last fall/winter, but I ran into trouble with their (ridiculous) deposit limits. I e-mailed them and asked them to raise my deposit limits, but they said that I need to fax them all sorts of documentation which I'm not completely comfortable with. A couple times I deposited like 500 and ran it up to 12-15 in the 10 game in a day or two and jumped in the 30 and ended up busting both times, and just gave up on it ( I didn't want to waste time trying to run up an onsite bankroll in fairly tight 10 games), but I noticed a lot of the same weaknesses in the stars game that I later saw in the party game.

How would you compare/contrast the 2 games more specifically?