Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 07:28 PM

Default UB vs. Party Poker: should I make the move?

I have been playing microlimits at UB now (.25/.50) for several months. In reading stuff on this forum, it appears many of you prefer Party Poker. Should I make the switch to Party Poker? Is it a "softer" forum?

Thanks.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:07 PM

Default Re: UB vs. Party Poker: should I make the move?

I also started out at UB at the micros before moving on to other sites. All I can say is, UB players are MUCH better than those at party. My neck muscles have grown enormously strong from continuously shaking my head in bewilderment at all of the terrible plays that PP players make.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:19 AM

Let's see..
Play on Ub and make very little while slowly improving your game.. or, play on Party and make a little more while slowly improving your game. It is so obvious! You should stick with Ub.. just ask Syntax.

Going out of the way to bonus whore can be a pain in the butt for full time players at 5/10 and higher. But for micro games, you should take maximum advantage of deposit bonuses (skipping ghost town sites).. and you increase your bonuses frequency if you play multiple sites. Jek has a nice forum at bonuswhores where they discuss bonus stuff at length.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:52 AM

Generally UB should not be played at around 2-4 limit level as their rake is much higher (more straight), but as the cards come more normally out of the deck at UB (and at Truepoker I think that has mainly human players that though might have some kicker magnet for the loose players but nothing too serious, while at UB at one time it seemed micro big blinds at limit form were check-raising like professionals when they should not even have knows what a check-raise is, and I was often seeing the dominating hand not having the usual amount of wins, also when I was dominated I got away from it quite often, but I haven't seen that anymore) and it does offer good enough big bet poker action, and more so at micro level, UB is probably the better choice, while PT users will though have to see more trouble than at Parties or PokerStars (Stars style is on half maniac, rock and tight-loose scale and quite unpredictable so it takes time to get in to the style of that place, while there might though be bots that are responsible of their style). Parties have bigger fluctuations than any other place, so if one would generally have 100 big bet wins and loses one will have 200 big bet wins and loses at Parties, and it goes like that up to busting the bankroll levels so one must be careful there, while I though suspect Parties of cheating too but either one is the reality there.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:07 AM

I think you'd be better off educating yourself about these sites legitness (I like that one) by reading here than spouting off the same old tired conspiracy theory.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:11 PM

I started out at the UB .25/.50 tables with a poker career starting $50. I chose UB because of a few reasons, but mainly because Party's lowest limit is .5/1. With the high variance associated with such loose players, I felt that I'd be pretty much 'rolling the dice' with such a short bankroll. UB .25/.50 treated me well, within a month I had turned that deposit into $300. I found it very easy to beat the UB .25/.50 because the players are very predictable and there just isn't much variance. However, once I made the move to UB .5/1, I quickly saw that this game isn't even worth playing. Granted, I only spent four or five hundred hands at the tables, but regardless of when I played, every hand boiled down to a pre-flop raise and one of the blinds calling making it a HU hand. I cashed out of UB last week and moved to Party.

My advice is to wait until you have the 300 BB (unelss you already do) for .5/1 and then make the move to PartyPoker. The games are incredibly loose and easy as long as you have the bankroll to survive the variances.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:19 PM

Get out of UB now. It is by far the hardest and tightest of all micro-limits games out there. Party is so much better it defies description.

Pacific is even better than Party but the software sucks so bad I can not stand it...
Old 08-21-2004, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Generally UB should not be played at around 2-4 limit level as their rake is much higher (more straight), but as the cards come more normally out of the deck at UB (and at Truepoker I think that has mainly human players that though might have some kicker magnet for the loose players but nothing too serious, while at UB at one time it seemed micro big blinds at limit form were check-raising like professionals when they should not even have knows what a check-raise is, and I was often seeing the dominating hand not having the usual amount of wins, also when I was dominated I got away from it quite often, but I haven't seen that anymore) and it does offer good enough big bet poker action, and more so at micro level, UB is probably the better choice, while PT users will though have to see more trouble than at Parties or PokerStars (Stars style is on half maniac, rock and tight-loose scale and quite unpredictable so it takes time to get in to the style of that place, while there might though be bots that are responsible of their style). Parties have bigger fluctuations than any other place, so if one would generally have 100 big bet wins and loses one will have 200 big bet wins and loses at Parties, and it goes like that up to busting the bankroll levels so one must be careful there, while I though suspect Parties of cheating too but either one is the reality there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, you sound like a mikimous.

I want proof of your allegations, anyone can spew them out, but I have seen noone yet that can give me any proof.

While you are at it, let me know how high the BBJP has to be at Party before it is worth playing.

Tyvm

ToT
Old 08-21-2004, 04:15 PM

I play .25/.5 at PS, which I although I have heard is easier than Party, is still pretty easy to beat. Lately, it's been getting much looser, and the players are noticably worse -- there are more fish around. I have heard this is a fall time phenomenon, and it certainly seems noticable. I'm not sure how much easier the PS .25/.5 game is compared to the same limit at UB (maybe someone else can comment on that), but if you are still trying to build up a bankroll for Party (like I am), then maybe that would be a good place in the meantime -- that is if you don't have the bankroll for .5/1 yet. (If you do then nevermind [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 08-21-2004, 04:30 PM

tin foil hat anyone?