Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2004, 04:54 PM

Default I was honestly stumped...

Here is the situation:
$11 Rebuy on Star at 11 in the morning, 320 some players, we are down to 18 now.
Blinds: 3000-6000 with 300 ante
My stack: 108,776 and I am in the Big Blind
Opponent Stack: 144,358 He is Small blind

Everyone folds around to the SB, he completes and I check with the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop is: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets the minimum T6,000
My thought process was that he had nothing and was just taking a stab it, so I just called. Pot is at about T26,000.

Turn is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Now there is a possible flush out there. Here is where it gets tricky, he bets T90,000. Now I just stop and think for a second, he just bet 90k into a 26k pot, wtf?! That move just screams bluff, but I haven't been at his table long enough to really know how he plays, and I have never played with him before. I just wasn't sure, I ruled out him having a Ten with a better kicker, the only thing I could think of is whether he really had the flush or not, and the way the hand was played out he simply convinced me he didn't have anything, so after asking for some super quick advice from friends and my time bank at 8 seconds I finally shoved in my extra 6k from the 90k bet and he actually thought for about 10 seconds before calling with the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

That took me out and I finished 18th, based on this info what would you do and why? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]