Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2004, 05:42 AM

Default Another Annie post, sorry

They wont stop showing her talking about the 20k that she won from Ben A., she says she "beat him out of a lot of money the first time they played."

Annie, I hate to break this to you, but it is rumored that Ben actually wipes his ass with 20k. So next time you when "a lot" from someone make sure they didnt just wipe their ass with it.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Another Annie post, sorry

C'mon man, it's been said before, but she's nice enough and interested enough to be posting/replying here, maybe we ought not to drive her off with blatantly rude posts.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:54 AM

then maybe she doesnt need to be bragging on national TV about how she won 20k from this guy. I said it on 2+2 for 500 people to read. She said it on ESPN from 50 million to see
Old 08-18-2004, 08:38 AM

To 99% of the people watching ESPN, 20K is "a lot" of money.

If Bill Gates walked by and dropped a $Million on the sidewalk would you try and make this same argument?
Old 08-18-2004, 09:24 AM

If ESPN asks her "so i heard you beat Ben Affleck out of a lot of money" at 4 different occasions and she answers at all 4 occasions, then they decide toa ir it all 4 times, does that make her a braggart?

Her bitching about the crew kid mucking cards is what I found funny, since she dug a guys cards out of the muck in the 2000 WSOP to make sure he mucked aces, but both things seem pretty tame.

I think ESPN is trying to lump her in with Phil Hellmuth as far as attitude and self absorbtion goes, but only their snippets are pushing this persona. When you compare Phil's website, cardplayer articles, and WPT performances tow hat ESPN airs, it is quite obvious it is an accurate representation that he is a whiny bitch that is full of himself.

When youc ompare what ESPN shows about annie to her website, other interviews, and her posts here, it seems like they are stretching.

I don't think she gives non pros enough "common courtesy" type of respect, but thats hardly as bad of a picture as espn seems to be trying to paint.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:06 AM

Some of Annie's attitude towards non-pros does get annoying. Of course, how would any of us respond in similar circumstances when we just got KO'd from a tourney and some yo yo sticks a mike in our face? I think comparing her to Hellmuth is a bit of a stretch. She gets a little pissy; he acts like a 3 year old and tries to rationalize it. I can't believe Sam Grizzle is the only guy to ever punch him out.

As far as winning 20k from Affleck, if any of the posters here had done that, how many times do you think we would have read/heard about it?

Good luck all,

Fitz
Old 08-18-2004, 01:16 PM

Default lame post

okay, I'm getting tired of you idiots with no money thinking that rich people have no concept of "how much money $10,000 really is."

Guess what? We MADE the money in the first place AND we have figured out how to keep it. So tell me who respects the value of $10,000 more?

And if Ben Affleck wants to wipe his ass with $10,000, I can guarantee you it's only because he knows he'll be able to sell it for $20,000.

Go back to putting your savings account on PartyPoker and shut up, okay?
Old 08-18-2004, 01:39 PM

Default Re: lame post

[ QUOTE ]

And if Ben Affleck wants to wipe his ass with $10,000, I can guarantee you it's only because he knows he'll be able to sell it for $20,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They wont stop showing her talking about the 20k that she won from Ben A., she says she "beat him out of a lot of money the first time they played."

Annie, I hate to break this to you, but it is rumored that Ben actually wipes his ass with 20k. So next time you when "a lot" from someone make sure they didnt just wipe their ass with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are really taking this out of context of the whole interview. They asked her if she thought Ben was a good player. She responded by saying he wasn't, but has learned a lot, is bright, etc. etc. and is now a world class player. The only people taking offense at was Annie Duke says are ignorant fools who are looking for a reason to complain about someone.

In addition, figure what game they were playing when she took $20k from him... if it was $1k/$2k, then she only took 10BB... not much. If it was $100/$200, then she took 100 BB... not bad.

In closing... don't be an arse.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dumb, pointless post. 1. its intersting, so thats why it was said 2. it wasnt bragging 3. 20k is alot of money and 4. why would she "brag" that she is better than her student.