Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 03:50 AM

Default AA hand and AJ (BB) hand

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (13 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, between SB, UTG and Hero.</font>

Is the river call good, or should I lead out.
When he bets into me again even after I raised him twice...

No reads here too.

AJ hand
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (14.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (15.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (20.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 24.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 24.70 BB, between MP3, CO, Button and Hero.</font>

Good PF call? Flop play is my main concern. Surprising result.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:53 AM

Default Re: AA hand and AJ (BB) hand

Looks like he had Ac Qc and missed his flush and is only betting the river to not let you think he's beat... If not, he's a very weak player with KQ... either way, I wouldn't raise the river. &lt;just noticed this was .05/.10&gt; I would definitely raise the river. Looks like both SB and UTG are calling stations and they've shown no aggression at all.

#2 hand: I'd call preflop. Button raises in these games are often "let's see if the blinds fold" raises. With 5 to see the turn, I might check/call there. I don't know. That's a tough hand.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:27 AM

In hand #1 I think I'd raise the river on pure spite. He raised preflop so there is little reason to belive he has gained anything from the turn and the river. If he has KQ then so be it. Sometimes this is just him afraid of you taking a free card twoards the flush, on some rare occations this is a tricky player. Most of the time though, its just someone who doesnt know what they are doing.

Hand #2 I would go for a checkraise on the flop, the preflop agressor is on your imidiate right and you have a pretty vulnerable top pair, seems as good a time as any.

k
Old 08-17-2004, 09:35 AM

I think hand one is fine.

Hand two, I'd probably dump AJo preflop here. Check-raise the flop here, huge pot, check-raising will give you the best chance of winning. I think the turn and river are just dandy.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:04 AM

I'd either fold hand #2 or 3-bet it, depending on whether I thought I was up against a blind steal (seems unlikely, given all the callers) and what I thought of the original raiser. I don't ever cold-call AJo.

Rob
Old 08-17-2004, 11:04 AM

Hand 1: Isn't QQ a real possibility here considering the preflop raise? Having a set of queens would explain the constant betting out by UTG...
Old 08-17-2004, 11:18 AM

yeah but never reraising? that's the hardest thing to take into account when trying to put him on something.

Hand 2 I fold PF.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:38 PM

Rob Id agree with you but he is in the BB, he is not calling cold.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:47 PM

I agree. This is .05/.1 party poker, he can make a lot more than he loses by playing AJo. Having the ability to make good postflop decisions against bad players will more than make up for him coming in with AJo.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:06 PM

Actually its .05/.10 PS