Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2004, 11:47 AM

Default a hand

I know I shouldn't have been in this hand at all but had nice pot on the table to call into....
Still it bothers me that I pushed on the turn, but after thinking about it I felt for sure a push would get the flush draws to fold.
Assuming you see the flop with this hand how would you play the turn? Anyway to not bust here?

PokerStars Game #614375392: Tournament #2293702, Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2004/08/14 - 01:02:10 (ET) Table '2293702 225' Seat #3 is the button Seat 3: Bob1951 (5820 in chips)
Seat 4: Eder (2020 in chips)
Seat 1: gstracer03 (8735 in chips)
Seat 2: Uncle BD (5945 in chips)
Seat 5: willrob1 (755 in chips)
Seat 6: Sehn (8125 in chips)
Seat 7: triathlete (220 in chips)
Seat 8: alklump (3365 in chips)
Seat 9: daxsmith88 (3395 in chips)
Eder: posts small blind 100
willrob1: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Eder [8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Sehn: calls 200
triathlete: raises 20 to 220 and is all-in
alklump: folds
daxsmith88: folds
gstracer03: folds
Uncle BD: folds
Bob1951: calls 220
Eder: calls 120
willrob1: folds
Sehn: calls 20
*** FLOP *** [9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Eder: checks
Sehn: checks
Bob1951: checks
*** TURN *** [9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Eder: bets 1800 and is all-in
Sehn: calls 1800
Bob1951: calls 1800
*** RIVER *** [9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Sehn: bets 200
Bob1951: raises 3600 to 3800 and is all-in
Sehn: calls 3600
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Bob1951: shows [6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] (a flush, Ace high)
Sehn: shows [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (two pair, Kings and Jacks)
Bob1951 collected 7600 from side pot-2
Eder: shows [8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (a straight, Nine to King)
Bob1951 collected 5400 from side pot-1
triathlete: shows [Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
Bob1951 collected 1080 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 14080 Main pot 1080. Side pot-1 5400. Side pot-2 7600.
Board [9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Seat 3: Bob1951 (button) showed [6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] and won (14080) with a flush, Ace high Seat 4: Eder (small blind) showed [8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] and lost with a straight, Nine to King Seat 1: 6: Sehn showed [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] and lost with two pair, Kings and Jacks Seat 7: triathlete showed [Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] and lost with a straight, Ten to Ace
Old 08-14-2004, 11:53 AM

Default Re: a hand

I would fold pf...

Bad Beat Police please?
Old 08-14-2004, 12:11 PM

Well I did put a disclaimer at top of post that I should have folded. And it's not a bad beat..., the guy that hit his flush certainly had odds to draw after my push was called in front of him,I really am interested how other players would have played this differently assuming they see the flop...
I feel my push was correct,but on a scarey board like this maybe I should check/fold? Maybe it's just one of those hands that I bust no matter what? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2004, 12:30 PM

You put all your money in while you were ahead, though the guy with the KJ should have bet the flop and you wouldn't have been in the situation anyway. Though I do agree with folding preflop.

C-Dog
Old 08-14-2004, 12:49 PM

no way he had odds, im too lazy to look at it, but he is 4.5:1 to catch the flush and your push was an overbet.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:12 PM

this hand was poorly played by everyone involved except triathlete IMO. you should obviously fold preflop, but your push was fine on the turn.

cheers!
Old 08-14-2004, 07:26 PM

well I was getting 9-1 odds to call with Q7 crap...thought it worth a look....if no other callers before me I would have dropped...in most cases I think these odds are ok to see if the flop hits me hard, or is a fold here always correct?

guess the guy with flush draw called 1800 to win about 5k...ya he didnt have proper odds...unless he was sure his push on river gets called...which it did
Old 08-14-2004, 07:36 PM

It would really help everyone out if you didn't post hands in this format. Tough to read for the average bear.

You need to fold preflop.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:08 AM

First of all, I am really sick of the "fold preflop" crowd. Where were you guys when Fossilman busted out of the WCOOP with 86o? The call was 5% of his stack, if it was a mathematical error it couldn't have been a big one. I appreciate the time people take to respond to these various posts, but I think when people see someone with a trashy hand they react like "oh good, I don't have to do any analysis of this hand, I can just tell the guy he should have folded preflop!"

Now with that all said, you think I'd have something useful to impart. But really, what can anyone say about your turn play, you had the second nuts and you got all the money in. You should be happy that you got your money in as such a big favorite, end of story.
Old 08-15-2004, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I am really sick of the "fold preflop" crowd. Where were you guys when Fossilman busted out of the WCOOP with 86o? The call was 5% of his stack, if it was a mathematical error it couldn't have been a big one. I appreciate the time people take to respond to these various posts, but I think when people see someone with a trashy hand they react like "oh good, I don't have to do any analysis of this hand, I can just tell the guy he should have folded preflop!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point I guess. But calling a raise w/ Q8 isn't too good so he needs to fold preflop.