Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 08:48 AM

Default Flopped Nut Flush

Passive table, a preflop raising is rare, and it's usually me doing it, so I figured I could limp with a suited ace from anywhere.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between Hero and CO.</font>
Old 08-13-2004, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Flopped Nut Flush

I would have bet the flop and led the turn
Old 08-13-2004, 09:09 AM

I think you played this fine, but you have seriously have to work on your table selection. I have never seen that many players fold for a single flop bet on 0.02/0.04, even if the flop is one suit.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the flop and led the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered it, but look what happened when someone bet... I set up for a check-raise and I guess I should be glad it worked out.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played this fine, but you have seriously have to work on your table selection. I have never seen that many players fold for a single flop bet on 0.02/0.04, even if the flop is one suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Early morning, my table selection is based on which table has more than 5 players...
Old 08-13-2004, 09:33 AM

"Early morning, my table selection is based on which table has more than 5 players... "

Why? The less maniacs stars has are generally more attracted by the action shorthanded play delivers.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Early morning, my table selection is based on which table has more than 5 players... "

Why? The less maniacs stars has are generally more attracted by the action shorthanded play delivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not much of a shorthanded player...
Old 08-13-2004, 09:39 AM

With the tables as tight as it looks I wouldn't try a c/r heads up with a 4 flush on the board. CO might just fold to your raise, or fold the river to your bet. In this case you were playing against an idiot though. If you bet, the folders will fold anyway, but you may have gotten raised by the CO in one or more spots. I would rather try and run a stop and go in this spot. It may not be correct so it's open to debate, but if it works you get a bigger pot....
Old 08-13-2004, 09:42 AM

Then the limit your at is probably the most cost effective venue to work on it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
plus it's a bit more fun (and work) than full ring games , IMO of course.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:17 AM

I think you probably should have gone ahead and bet he flop. You are in that position where you are starting to really worry about it getting checked through. Once you check and its bet however, I think you should go ahead and uncloak for the checkraise.

On the turn when the 4th heart comes, Its sort of opponent dependant. A lot of people will check behind here with anything less than the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so I think you have to go ahead and bet and hope he has a flush to call/raise you.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:39 PM

When you flop a very strong hand and you're not sure where the action will come from, just bet the damn flop.