Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 09:04 PM

Default QQ in a kill pot fold correct? Long first post

I finally decided to take the plunge and post. Forgive me as explaining hands in written form is new to me. I am 32 years old and I've been playing since 1998.
Just realized there is a cardroom 30 minutes from my house in Camarillo and I no longer have to make the trek to HollywoodCommerceBike and the like.
I finally get into my 4-8 With a full kill after playing a ridiculous game of dealers choice (Omaha hi-lo with 5 cards, and "Lazy Pineaple", Pineapple with no discard, or holdem. Needless to say this bunch was NOT CHOOSING Holdem.
Kill Pot
I receive Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button.

(P1 LAG asian lady)calls
(P2 calling station any 2 cards but not a maniac)
(JimSwarthow raise)
TAG lawyer 3 bets
P1 call
P2 call
JimSwarthow caps hoping TAG Lawyer doesnt have AA/KK but not so sure once the chips left my hand.
Of course everybody calls. 18 SB to the flop. (I forgot 2 folded to the first raise)way action
Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] TAG Bets LAG asian lady raisess, calling station calls, I call , the TAG calls
jimswarthow calls. 17BB for the turn

6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
TAG bets
LAG RAISES
Callling station calls
Jim Swarthow folds
correct? results later
Old 08-11-2004, 09:11 PM

Default Re: QQ in a kill pot fold correct? Long first post

I 3-bet the flop. Failing that, I 3-bet the turn. What are you giving the LAG Asian lady or the calling station credit for? The 8 is a scare card and the LAG is using it. 3-bet and maybe, just maybe, check the river depending on what comes. If you're against KK / AA so be it, but you shouldn't have folded in this big pot.

[edit]BTW, welcome to the forum.[/edit]
Old 08-11-2004, 09:18 PM

I like the fold there.....Looks to me like the TAG is betting on an overpair, either KK or AA, and with two other callers, there is probably an 8 out there, not to mention the flush/straight draw you may have to dodge on the river....
Old 08-11-2004, 09:23 PM

I also considered about a 3 bet on the turn, but after thinking about it, I don't know how much I like that play with 3 potential (and probable) callers, because the purpose is to gain a free showdown, right? With all the board possibilities, I don't think that's happening, and you may get stuck calling way more bets than you should have just cause the pot was big.....
Old 08-11-2004, 09:23 PM

You must 3-bet the flop.

As you played it you CANNOT fold this turn. I would be inclined to 3-bet in case the TAG has AA or KK and might lay down. You say Asian lady is a lag so she might have an overpair or a draw. The TAG does not seem too taggish because if he has an overpair he should be reraising the flop and if he has AK he should not be leading the turn into another raiser. You really should not fear him at this point. The asian lady could have an 8 but being a lag she could have many other hands. When the pot gets big, put them on a hand you beat and call.

Regardless, folding this hand on the turn to anything but a old-man with hands shaking and an erection(read weak/tight player) is atrocious. This pot is huge and there is a likely chance you are ahead. DO NOT TRY TO SAVE BETS HERE.

But you really must 3-bet this flop as you have to think you are ahead here. BE POSITIVE, especially when there are a ton of bets already in the pot. By 3-betting the flop you will at worst be calling 1 bet on the turn and there will be like 15BB in the pot so you arent even that far off from getting odds to draw to a set (with implied odds).
Old 08-11-2004, 09:59 PM

Could you give me the number of Alan stanwyck's Realtor in Provo?

I am in agreement with Victor on this one- you have to three bet the flop it will make the rest of the hand easier to play.
After the non three bet by TAG i would expect him to show down JJ-99 on this hand (unless he is smooth calling the flop raise with the intention of betting out the turn and being raised by LAG to thin the field- but there isnt anyone that good in any of the games i play in).
Lag, by definition, doesnt have to have you beat and there are a lot of draws out there for the calling stations to have that are behind you still.
Raise the flop, barring that call the turn-

Welcome to the forum.... and clean these windows there is a tremendous build up of muck and filth on them
Old 08-11-2004, 10:01 PM

exactly my thinking Alex. Put crazy asian on anything from 6-8 (yes i did consider that in the hand) an A-8, 5-7, all of them i considered. My most likely guess was that the 8 hit her hard. While she was crazy she is not stupid. If u play in LA u know the kind. THree bet CERTAINLY gained me nothing as I now put TAG on a legit overpair AA/KK. Any three bet would only be in the hopes that
A. Someone will fold (they wouldn't have.)
B. Free card (highly doubtful)
C. Bigger pot (how does this help? makes it correct for drawing hands to call.
Which leads me to my question again......knowing this pot would be huge would it ever be correct to try and spike the queen
By the way I knew 2 of these players from Commerce. Tey dont know me.

D.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:10 PM

Default Re: QQ in a kill pot fold correct? Long first post/RESULTS

Damn, see when u put it that way....I see your point I just have a hard time looking for 2 remaining cards against that field. Obviously it was close or I would not be posting. I still like my fold. Much respect to all of u I have been lurking for a LONG time.
River was a King
TAG showed the other 2 queens he called it down but did not 3 bet the turn Crazy asian lady shows 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 Full house. Im telling you her eyes lit up w/ the 8.
Calling station mucks quickly
Old 08-11-2004, 10:16 PM

Default Re: QQ in a kill pot fold correct? Long first post/RESULTS

On the turn you made a good read and a good fold as you certainly were not getting the odds to call 2 cold for 2 outs. But, this would have been avoided by playing the flop aggressively.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:16 PM

Drop your shorts and bend over Mr. Babaar. Aghhh you usin the whole fist doc?

Thanks I'll be posting way more. Later
"I got some reds.... "you don't mean communists do you?

I'm starting to think you are right "Makes the hand easier to play"