Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 08:32 PM

Default Gaming Club Poker Room bonus - legit?

gamingclubpoker.com - I got an email saying you get $20 every time you hit 300 points. Structure being 1pt/raked hand at .25/.5 or .5/1, 2ps/hand at 1/2, and 3pts/hand at 2/4 or higher. Maximum bonus redeemable is $200 and you have 30 days from the date of sign up.
Is this site legitimate? How are the games?

Also I saw that banner ad on twoplustwo for 35% at Absolute. Does anyone know the max for this, and how payout works?

Thanks
Old 08-11-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Gaming Club Poker Room bonus - legit?

[ QUOTE ]
gamingclubpoker.com - I got an email saying you get $20 every time you hit 300 points. Structure being 1pt/raked hand at .25/.5 or .5/1, 2ps/hand at 1/2, and 3pts/hand at 2/4 or higher. Maximum bonus redeemable is $200 and you have 30 days from the date of sign up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The site is legit. They feed into the Prima Poker games, which are pretty good with more NL games going than limit. One thing to look out for though is that their definition of a raked hand is a raked hand where you actually put money in the pot, which makes the bonus one of the tougher ones to clear.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:55 PM

They put 20 dollars in my account there yesterday. Ive been playing there for about a month. The email said I was one of their most valuable players and thats why I recieved it. I dont know if it had anything to do with a bonus though.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The site is legit. They feed into the Prima Poker games, which are pretty good with more NL games going than limit. One thing to look out for though is that their definition of a raked hand is a raked hand where you actually put money in the pot, which makes the bonus one of the tougher ones to clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you must read the rules for clearing bonuses under this TGC promotion. This is NOT a hard bonus to clear. I'll let you figure out why.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you must read the rules for clearing bonuses under this TGC promotion. This is NOT a hard bonus to clear. I'll let you figure out why.

[/ QUOTE ]

The details appear to be the same as they were last time. If I've overlooked a change, kindly mention what it is. If you play a low-blind NL game that only gets raked 5 cents sometimes, you still have to see at least 300 flops to get $20 bonus, which is 15 flops per $1 of bonus. Even if you're the ultimate calling station and see every flop, that doesn't compare favorably to many bonuses out there. For people with reasonable calling standards, you're probably looking at being dealt upwards of 1,000 hands per $20 of bonus.

If you play high enough stakes to get the 3 points per raked hand, it will be fewer hands, but again, unless you see most of the flops (in which case I want to play at your table), it's still not all that great a rate.

That said, the games are decent, and the site is reputable in my experience. It's a reasonable place to play, and some bonus is better than none. I just wouldn't recommend it if you're going there just for the bonus.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:04 AM

It's a horrable bonus - you have to put $$ INTO a raked hand before it's counted. So if you are a good player it's more like 450 RAKED hands for every $20.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:18 AM

The site is backed by the Prima Network, who are pretty reputable where online gaming is concerned.

There have been many discussions in the past with regard to bonuses, the best raked hand requirements or the highest matching bonuses but what I have come to learn about my poker play is not to join a poker room because of it's bonuses but to join the room because of the kind of players that I'll find at the tables and how comfortable I would feel playing on the software.

I often find that it is the players you make the room for me, and they would be the reason I return to that room.
In my opinion...Good poker players should not be playing for bonuses; the bonuses should be exactly what they are... Bonuses.

I appreciate when a room gives me free dollars just to try them out like GamingClub, RoyalVegas and 7Sultans... at least I think that is all of them, and when a poker room give me match bonuses like Party and Stars... but that's just it... appreciation.

Just felt like chatting [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Hope this Helps
Jane
Old 08-12-2004, 09:58 AM

Damn, just checked my promo page for an update and I now have -599 raked hands toward my next bonus, needing 1499 more to get the next $20 increment!

Anyone else getting screwy numbers like this?
Old 08-12-2004, 11:39 AM

i cleared 120 dollars of it (out of 200) in a couple of hours
Old 08-12-2004, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

This is quite possibly one of the worst bonuses available.

Especially for a tight lower limit player.

Example at .5/1

To clear $200 bonus you have to play 3000 raked hands (300 points for each $20, 1 point for each raked hand)

Lets give a nice round number and say 70% of the pots at this level will get raked. This number isnt exact but from clearing bonuses at other sites I think I am being very generous (I would think 60% would be more accurate).

With blinds I will contribute money to about 30% of the pots (again being generous as the real number would be closer to 25%).

So in order to get my 3000 points to clear the full bonus I will have to play ~14300 hands.

Now personally I can only play 2 tables at once, so average 45 hands/hr and its going to take me ~160 hours to clear this bonus or I will earn roughly $1.26/hr.

Of course during these 14300 hands to clear my $200, TGC is going to take a minimum of $3000 in rake (this assumes at least .25 rake on pots that are raked, but their rake may be higher or lower - havent seen their rake schedule).

I also believe for this bonus, you have only until a specific date to clear any $.

Now looking at the bottom line, 1bb/hr isnt all that bad for a bonus, but its certainly not even close to good. I can make more $$ in half the time looking for loose change on streets in downtown Minneapolis. Or better yet, I can give ten guys $200 each if they do it for me, however they have to come back to me with at least $3k in coins to get their $200.