Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2004, 12:12 PM

Default 1/2 NL Live

i get a free play in the BB w/the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. 2 others behind both have me covered i have about 300-400.
Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] i check mp player bets a quater button calls and i call. Turn comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] i lead out for 75 comments?
Old 08-07-2004, 01:00 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL Live

Well, first off, how many people are in this game? If it's 10 handed, you might be in trouble, but at a shorter table, I'd say go for it. I think my move would be check call because you don't wanna get raised big and have to throw it away. He's shown he wants money in the pot, and I'd let him do the betting for you... also if you see a bunch of raising and reraising, you can get outta there $75 richer.

What are the tendencies of the players behind you?

Sorry for the scatterbrained post.... i'm triple tabling
Old 08-07-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL Live

I would check/call as well on the turn to see what the action was, and see if it would be safe to check/raise on the river.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL Live - the right move

I like leading out. If you go to check/call mode you have no idea where you are in the hand. If someone is playing A/9 they'll come over the top big. If they only have trips the club is a scare card. If you check and they have trips they will bet, and the you can't know if your up against a bigger hand. And I know a lot of people who like to play A/9 for some reason.

Leading out with a pot-sized bet there is the best move.

So, did you take it down right there? If you were raised was in by the nuts?
Old 08-07-2004, 02:44 PM

Default results

the origianl flop bettor passed and the button thought for a while and called the 75. the river brought the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] i led again for 100. and the button thought for awhile and called w/the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] i am unsure of my play on this hand however the results turned out ok.

comments?
Old 08-07-2004, 02:53 PM

Default I stand by my earlier analysis.

Interestingly, you didn't take the obvious EV play of betting your four-flush, and I'm sure that's why you got called down by the hand you did. He likely put you on a low Ace or even a 9 in that situation.

Out of curiosity, why did you check the four-flush with a nut flush draw?
Old 08-07-2004, 03:08 PM

Default Re: I stand by my earlier analysis.

i didn't want to get blown off my hand by a big raise from one of the two players behind me. when the mp player overbet the pot on the flop i was pretty sure he was protecting a big ace. the button smooth call said weak ace, nine, or draw. the button was a very loose oriental player who would gamble w/a 9 or straight draw on the flop. these were just my thoughts
Old 08-07-2004, 10:16 PM

Default Thanks much

I asked because, as a mostly limit player (I should have said ealrier "my analysis, such as it is") I asked the question a few days ago about leading out with big draws in NL, due to the very risk you mentioned.

Sounds like you played the hand perfectly - congrats and thanks for the input.