Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Good hand or WTF?

good hand, or a potential money waster?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.25 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>
Old 08-07-2004, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Good hand or WTF?

It's good if you had a read on that player, and knew he would lay down a pp to what he must have imagined were trips...A lot of players would call you down all the way, so you have to be careful with this kind of play. It rarely works against the typical party players...
Old 08-07-2004, 10:33 AM

Well, I guarantee the guy didn't actually have anything, in fact you may have had the best hand all the way. But I guess if you are fairly convinced that he is bluffing you can play it this way. I like just folding on this flop though. He's calling down with any pair, and not all opponents are reasonable types who fold most hands with deuces and treys.
Personally I like to wait for better spots (value betting good hands as they love to call) in these games.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:14 AM

In the long run, you will find that bluffing is costly at the micro limits. You almost always need at least a pair at showdown.