Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2004, 06:22 PM

Default Pokerstars

I am looking to send about 1k to a site I have not signed up at. I currently have two choices that carry the kinda games I am intrested in - stars, and empire. Can anyone tell me if stars has every offered sign up bounus, or perhaps if they cycle them every few months and offer them again. I am also intrested in any kind of rake back deal. If anyone can help me out with either of these sites I would appricate it. I would be willing to use someone as a referal as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars

I'll refer, you can PM me offline. Yes, both sites offer signup bonus'. Empire had a 100% for a while at www.empire500.com for up to $500. Stars also offers signups, but they are harder to clear if you play lowlimit. Empire and Party are 'skins' so they are essentially the same games. I use both, but find that Party offers more MTTs. In cardplayer magazine, or this forum, you can usually find the bonus' codes. PM me if you have no luck finding them.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:34 PM

I strongly suggest playing at Empire, especially if you are playing ring games. Find an affiliate and get a rake back deal. Stars seems to be mostly for tournys and their ring games are absolutely horrid. They tend to have a reload bonus every 3 months or so, but it has been more frequent in past months.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:26 AM

Stars has reload bonus every month or two that applies to all players. It also has FPP (Frequent Player Points) program that is essentially a rake back program. Empire/Party has more fish but also higher rake. Stars has good ring games and best tourneys.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and their ring games are absolutely horrid.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just finished clearing the stars bonus yesterday, I needed 180 more FPP raked hands, I was playing 5 tables 50-1 and 1-2 and it only took me 850 hands. You mean thats not a good game? Stars and UB seem to be toughest to clear bonuses at, but at least UB you can take your $ out of before you clear he bonus and not have them take the bonus from you.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but at least UB you can take your $ out of before you clear he bonus and not have them take the bonus from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars also allows you to withdraw without losing the bonus.
And if you want to clear it fairly quickly play 6 max tables. Higher variance to be sure but no shortage of people who will play any ace or any two suited either.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:52 AM

Quickest way to clear it is multi tabling mtt's - especiall NLHE HU games... Alot of games, but compared to ring play you are rewarded much more for entering tourneys.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:23 AM

I've signed up at Stars, but haven't made a deposit yet. Do you think I will still be offered a reload bonus, when time comes? Or should I make a deposit, play a few MTT's, withdraw and then wait?
Old 08-07-2004, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, both sites offer signup bonus'.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are wrong.
stars does not offer a sign-up bonus.
and i wouldn't recommend signing-up with an affiliate that can't even get basic information like this correct.

they do offer reloads but just had one fairly recently so it might be another month or two before the next one.

to the guy that was comparing stars with ub....ummmmm, you are free to cash-out from stars and still keep your bonus-dollars.

there are so many misconceptions about stars' bonuses out there....many people seem to believe that you can't cash-out after depositing or else you lose the bonus.
the only stipulation is that you can't cash-out immediately BEFORE depositing (in other words...they don't want you re-depositing the same money to get the bonus).

you are allowed to piggy-back one bonus on top of another there...and cash-out after depositing (although i think there is a 24-hour waiting period).

it's all very straight-forward in the terms and conditions but so many people get it pretty mixed up.
Old 08-07-2004, 06:19 PM

Stars also allows you to withdraw without losing the bonus.

How, I always see the note that says you cannot withdraw after the bonus is offered or you will lose the bonus. I once tried to take $ out before I deposited and got an evil popup that said if I withdraw I will not be elligible(sp) for the bonus.