Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2004, 06:09 AM

Default Best Places to play Stud H/L?

I just started playing this game a couple weeks ago, and I have found it to be a pretty fun and interesting game, despite the fact that I have never played regular 7 card stud. Also I have heard that this game is extremely profitable for the skilled player. I have had pretty decent results in the stars .5/1 and 1/2 games, up about $100-125 over maybe 30 table hours, but obviously could easily have just been getting lucky. I just got the Zee book today and have read it and reread most parts of the Stud section, and it has been pretty enlightening to say the least, since it seems I have been making a bunch of bad plays like playing some rough low hands and chasing too much when I brick on 4th street. And since I have no stud experience, I know that I make some other terrible plays that would be obvious to experienced regular stud players.
Anyway I am playing on stars right now, but stars isn't really my favorite site and while I have been winning, stars never really has the softest competition for anything and I would like to try other sites. I played on party for a couple sessions but the 1/2 games seem to be a total crap shoot with the horrible ante structure and aren't good preparation for bigger games. So I was wondering about whether the 3/6 at party was a soft game, because it's a little higher than I would usually play for a game I don't know but I could still afford a decent size loss at that level, and I was also wondering if other sites ever get good games going at the 1/2 and 2/4 levels. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Best Places to play Stud H/L?

get yourself down to the trop in AC. 15-30-45 hilo game is always full and action packed
Old 08-07-2004, 11:51 AM

It goes every day?

I'm originally from NJ, and my parents have lived about 1.5 hours from AC for over five years now, and I have still never played in AC....
Old 08-07-2004, 12:35 PM

i dont go there every day, but when im there, theres a game.

on the wekends theres sometimes 2 full must move games going
Old 08-07-2004, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stars never really has the softest competition for anything and I would like to try other sites. I played on party for a couple sessions but the 1/2 games seem to be a total crap shoot with the horrible ante structure and aren't good preparation for bigger games. So I was wondering about whether the 3/6 at party was a soft game, because it's a little higher than I would usually play for a game I don't know but I could still afford a decent size loss at that level, and I was also wondering if other sites ever get good games going at the 1/2 and 2/4 levels. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sites I've found, with the help of other posters here, that have smaller antes and bring-ins at stud are stars, paradise, and ub. Softest game at pacific (though I haven't played party because of the rake), but the antes/bring-ins are high like on party.

@
Old 08-07-2004, 05:23 PM

Andy, do you need any help w/the move back to Jersey? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Do your parents have an extra room for me, too? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]