Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 09:49 PM

Default AKs against bison and CDC - get yer LAG on

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 <font color="purple">(bison)</font> raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO <font color="purple">(CDC)</font> 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 <font color="purple">(bison)</font> calls, CO <font color="purple">(CDC)</font> calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">bison raises</font>, CDC calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">bison raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CDC 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">bison caps</font>, CDC calls, Hero calls.

River: (22 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">bison bets</font>, CDC calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

What do CDC and bison have and who wins?
Old 08-04-2004, 09:51 PM

Default Re: AKs against bison and CDC - get yer LAG on

I just want to introduce this hand by saying I was at this 3/6 table. Then Chris decided to join. Then JSD came. Then another 2+2er came by. It was a little crowded up in this piece.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:11 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you guys all think you're full of [censored], so it's hard to say.

CDC played this like he slowplayed something on the flop or picked something up. since you have both big diamonds, he slowplayed something. TT is the best that I can think of, but I'd be surprised if he didn't give the river a pop.

bisonbison has to have something big too after capping CDC. since CDC could have anything, I think bison could be doing this with something like AT, TT, or AA, or possibly worse.

I know I'm waaaay overestimating you guys, but I'll say bison has AA and CDC has TT. I'd be surprised if you didn't hold 3 aces between the 3 of you. Maybe AK vs AQ vs AT.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:21 PM

you guys all think you're full of [censored], so it's hard to say.

Josh, sometimes I doubt your commitment to SparkleMotion.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:34 PM

I'll say bison wins with a set of tens. But that looks like the obvious guess...
Old 08-05-2004, 03:19 AM

Sorry to dissapoint you in this hand Josh. I really wasn't thinking AT ALL in this hand.

Though I will say this. My turn 3-bet was to try to get JSD to fold AK and then check behind the river unimproved, but I forgot to fold the river. I honestly felt I was up against some massively overplayed AK though. and I was right!
Old 08-05-2004, 03:21 AM

but I'll say bison has AA and CDC has TT.

No way, CDC raises TT on the river and calls a 3-bet. There's a very good chance everyone has AK in this hand. Knowing CDC, he has AK/AQ/AJ, AK being my last guess. bison doesn't have AA or there'd be 5 aces in the deck, he doesn't have AT cuz he folds that to the cap, so that leaves AK or TT for him.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:24 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

how about folding the flop?

I wasn't thinking as deeply while reading this hand as you did while playing it. I saw your flop and turn play and immediately thought "monster."
Old 08-05-2004, 03:29 AM

I don't feel folding the flop was correct as

1) There was a good chance both of them were full of it and this was going to be a pissing contest involving some pretty retarded hands, involving some pushing people off of hands.

2) It's fun to raise! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2004, 03:34 AM

I guess if the hand was posted one street at a time, I wouldn't advise folding. but after seeing the turn action, I know bisonbison has a hand.

I wanna get in on this LAG action. sfer and I ought to fly you into NY so we can have an all out chip splashing bonanza at NYPC.