Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 01:05 PM

Default I\'M GONNA BE ON TV!!!

I know this isn't the tournament forum or anything, but this is the forum I post on, so... One of your fellow 2+2er's(other than Greg Raymer) had some modicum of success at the World Series this year and I'll be on tonight's PLHE tournament. So if anyone is interested in a 2+2er doing well, there you go.

Gavin Griffin
Old 08-03-2004, 07:53 PM

Default i played with moneymaker during his televized wsop 2003 event !

hi everyone

i played with moneymaker during his televized event, with only 5 opponents remaining at the table!

i told my folks in california this story, and they all got together that wednesday watch me and moneymaker go at it on the travel channel. my aunt even purchased a new video recorder to record it. they thought i was the player in the hood and sunglasses dressed like a witness protection dude. i said no, that wasn't me, and that they had misunderstood what i had earlier told them about my game with chris. i said, 'no aunt ginny. as i was playing chris, i asked the floor to change the channel to espn. well, coincidently, espn was showing the 2003 wsop final table that of course chris was playing in. so i was playing chris, and there were only 5 of us at the table, and it was during the televized 2003 wsop event, but that no, that wasn't me. that was some government informant, who risked his life to play in the series.'.

we all had a big laugh.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:14 PM

Default Re: i played with moneymaker during his televized wsop 2003 event !

hi everyone

i played with moneymaker during his televized event, with only 5 opponents remaining at the table!

i told my folks in california this story, and they all got together that wednesday watch me and moneymaker go at it on the travel channel. my aunt even purchased a new video recorder to record it. they thought i was the player in the hood and sunglasses dressed like a witness protection dude. i said no, that wasn't me, and that they had misunderstood what i had earlier told them about my game with chris. i said, 'no aunt ginny. as i was playing chris, i asked the floor to change the channel to espn. well, coincidently, espn was showing the 2003 wsop final table that of course chris was playing in. so i was playing chris, and there were only 5 of us at the table, and it was during the televized 2003 wsop event, but that no, that wasn't me. that was some government informant, who risked his life to play in the series.'.

we all had a big laugh.

OK, I think I got it. Interesting story.

elysium, if you ever do make it on TV, you have to promise to let the forum know.

Luke
Old 08-03-2004, 10:50 PM

Default Re: I\'M GONNA BE ON TV!!!

Hey Gavin

Your fellow Chicago players are proud of you (and you are certainly the hero of the dealers at Harrahs, East Chicago). Congratulations on your victory!
Howard
Old 08-03-2004, 11:25 PM

hi gavin

play well. we're right beside you. (literally) i forgot to ask when will it be broadcast? any idea?
Old 08-04-2004, 03:38 AM

Hah, nice goin'! I'm watching it as I type. Thanks for reminding me to turn on the WSOP rerun tonight.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:31 AM

Default Re: i played with moneymaker during his televized wsop 2003 event !

you have to promise to let the forum know.

Agreed, I'd love to see a Robin Williams clone at a final table.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:49 AM

Thanks for the replies/support, I'll post again if I do well in Tunica, which I'm leaving for tomorrow morning. I really feel like I'm in dead stroke for these tourneys. More info forthcoming!

Gavin Griffin
Old 08-04-2004, 06:39 AM

The best part of that event was how much you were in Bush's head.

He could've talked himself into folding a flopped a royal flush if you'd limped in.