Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 12:42 PM

Default Who else mucks here?

SB is solid, no read on CO

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: JeffO is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $15.
JeffO calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, JeffO calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, JeffO calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">JeffO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, JeffO folds, CO calls.

To me CO's 3 bet means anything from a made flush to a weak Ace. But SB's cap out of position screamed AA or AQ to me so I mucked.

River: (15 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Thoughts on all streets welcome. Results later
Old 08-03-2004, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Who else mucks here?

Since SB is solid, it sure seems like he has a boat, and most likely you are drawing dead or to 1 out. Good fold.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB is solid, no read on CO

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: JeffO is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $15.
JeffO calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, JeffO calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, JeffO calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">JeffO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, JeffO folds, CO calls.

To me CO's 3 bet means anything from a made flush to a weak Ace. But SB's cap out of position screamed AA or AQ to me so I mucked.

River: (15 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Thoughts on all streets welcome. Results later

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Fold. QJs is pretty but deadly from your position.
Flop: Raise to get info/free card. Drive out CO or if he cold calls, you know he's probably on a draw.
Turn: The way you played it, your fold was fine, but if you raised the turn, you might find a different line if CO+1 cold calls/raises/folds and/or SB reraises/calls.

Garland
Old 08-03-2004, 03:44 PM

Default RESULTS

CO had 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for his flush. SB had AA for Aces full and I was drawing to a 1 outer.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:45 AM

I raise preflop. I never openlimp when theres a poster. Your turn fold was correct.
P.S. folding QJs utg is silly.
P.P.S. My sentences are short when I'm drunk.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:13 AM

I don't think folding QJs UTG is silly; it rarely figures to be the best hand out there and you're out of position. For some it's an auto-call UTG, some an autofold, I'm probably somewhere near the middle and I'm pissed when no one else calls and when raised esp. from SB. Calling on the flop is also debatable.
I'm raising with trips when I get to that act of the play and I'm closing the curtain when the fruits start flying.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. folding QJs utg is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a thread about this awhile ago that I just spent 20 minutes seraching for it and I can't find it.

It was the general concensus that QJs and JTs should be folded UTG in the party 15 game. KJs was to some a muck, some a call, and some a raise. Same with ATs.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:25 AM

If you find the link to that thread I'd like to read it.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:36 AM

Best case scenario is a made flush from one and insanity from the other.

People are rarely given enough credit in situations like these on Party. Very nice fold.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:48 PM

Muck preflop.

QJs looks so pretty doesn't it? you just GOTTA play it.

This is a perfect example of why so few make money in the long run at limit poker.

Hit the books again. Believe what you read this time. Don't believe you're smarter then they are, and can play more hands from more positions.

-Scott