Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 09:14 AM

Default First Session at Party poker

Hi,

I've been playing online now for a few months, and have managed to turn a small profit playing on VC-poker. However, recently I have decided to try out one of the larger sites with predominantly American players. After reading a few posts on this site I decided to try Party poker....

What a difference in game play!! I deposited 1000 dollars and started playing NL Hold em (6 max $100), which is my usual game... The action was unbelievable- constant bluffing, people calling with any draw and any pair. This was a complete contrast to my usual VC-poker games which are quite tight. It took a bit of getting use to and I finished $30 down for my first session.

Is party always like this, or did I pick a "frisky" table? If this type of play is normal should I have a bigger bankroll to play these limits? Any comments from Party players would be appreciated

Thanks

Aquifex
Old 08-03-2004, 10:51 AM

Default Re: First Session at Party poker

The Party 6-max games can indeed be crazy. I think the 50x max buy in helps stimulate the action because players are more willing to go all-in for shorter money.

I would suggest trying the $50 game for a little while until you get a feel for Party Poker.

Paul