Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2004, 11:11 PM

Default the worst beat I\'ve ever witnessed

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter

MP2 (t905)
MP3 (t850)
CO (t760)
Hero (t1750)
SB (t780)
BB (t800)
UTG (t635)
UTG+1 (t750)
MP1 (t770)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls t15, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t15, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (t60) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t40</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises to t765 (All-In)</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls t765, Hero folds.

Turn: (t1630) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1630) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1630

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP3 shows Ks Kd (three of a kind, kings).
SB shows 4d 7c (straight, eight high).
Outcome: SB wins t1630. </font>
Old 08-02-2004, 01:06 AM

Default Re: the worst beat I\'ve ever witnessed

Pattern map!

Ask him for one next time.

NT
Old 08-02-2004, 01:41 AM

Wow. Yeah, I've seen bad beats, but never one like this.

How did that guy play the rest of the tourney?
Old 08-02-2004, 02:47 AM

Well he'd push with about anything. I pretty much stayed out of his way. He busted KK with T8. Despite all his miracle wins though, he finished 6th. I guess you can't play that bad and win very often.

I guess I'm not really one to talk though. I made most of my chips cracking aces with my cowboys in the first round. At least its logical to want to get your chips in the middle with kings.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:55 AM

that is a bad one but that is also what you get when you decide to limp with KK.

Pat
Old 08-02-2004, 09:06 AM

At least he was bluffing you and bet all-in. I got knocked out of a tournament once where I flopped top set, pushed and got *called* and beat by a guy who needed two inside runners.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:52 AM

hey, I've had my quad Kings - on the flop - cracked by runner-runner quad Aces...in a live, 15-30 game...with no jackpot.

Beat that! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2004, 10:21 AM

Well it was a stupid bluff but since nobody had shown strength (Kings slowplaying) maybe he thought he could steal a pot since being in the SB he could have about anything and that flop might have hit him and was ragged enough to miss everybody else. It would have been a much much worse beat if head called an allin bet from the Kings and sucked out on him like that. He was just trying to steal the pot and got lucky when he ran into the better hand, tough but I don't call it a bad beat really because the kings kinda asked for it.

RZ
Old 08-02-2004, 01:32 PM

Yeah that is as bad as they come. The runner-runner-only-2-cards-in-the-pack draws after the flop I think are 1,081:1 (2/47 x 1/46). Although strictly speaking they probably do not have your 2 cards, so it is actually (2/45 x 1/44) or 990:1.

Your example looks better than mine but the odds are exactly the same:

Flopped set of 777 against pocket 55 (board K79). Turn 5 (lots of chips). River 5 (more chips). My opponent refused to believe he made a mistake, even after I told him what I had and suggested he check the hand history for confirmation. Never mind, they don't get any worse.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2004, 02:54 PM

I also had one very strange bad beat...

10-20 limit game...

I had Q-Q in the BB...It's raised to me, I reraise get one caller so it's heads up. The flop comes Q-5-5. I've just flopped a boat. I check, the other guy bets, I raise, he calls.

The turn is another 5. I bet, he raises me, I re-raise him, he thinks about it and re-raises me again! I'm thinking this is great, he's got the other Q. My Queens full is going to beat his fives full. I just call hoping to pop him on the river some more.

The river is the FOURTH FIVE! I'm stunned. I check, he bets, I call.

Of course, he turns up A-Q...he's got four fives with an A kicker that beats my 4 fives with a Q kicker.

Now that one hurt.