Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is stronger?
Superman 8 47.06%
He-Man 2 11.76%
The games at Pro Poker 0 0%
The Granny Mae (Qs5s) 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2004, 02:40 AM

Default Floored

Playing No lim at motor city, hero has about 2500 in chips two from the button. This is the third hand seen, so not much is known about players styles, aside from what could be viewed from the rail.

Action preflop: UTG limps, two others limp, hero raises A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]/K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to fifty, button calls, blinds fold, UTG pushes all in for 330 total. Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop comes 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Button pushes all in for 980, hero calls.

Results in white: <font color="white"> <font color="white"> </font>

<font color="black"> </font> Now, the question is this, as my roommate and I have argued over it <font color="black"> </font> <font color="black"> </font> : Is it better to have raised to isolated the all in preflop by raising, or flat call the all in and assume that button will fold short of a premium hand...?

In case you're wondering, I checked to him on the flop, trying to show fear of the ace(implying KK-QQ-JJ), there-by trapping a weaker ace. Comments are welcome on this point too.

On a final note, I would like to add that this is but another example that poker is an unpredictable game, and I played maybe three hand for the next couple of hours trying to avoid tilt. I ended up a buck fifty for the night after rigorous play. My roommate, despite my positive comeback, says I should have left rather than continued play. Should an early bad beat dictate an early leave if you feel that you can keep control and not tilt?

Best of luck to all.
Ez
Old 07-31-2004, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Floored

While I assume that you lost the hand, I am curious as to
what the other players held.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Floored

Sorry about that, Must have deleted the results somehow in my late night stupor- Button wins with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]/4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], early all in had J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]/9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].