Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2004, 02:29 PM

Default KK in the BB -- too timid?

Table is full of any-two maniacs. Not much of a read on anyone except MP2, who is solid for a nickel/dime table (raises AJ-AK, QK, PP 9's and up).

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Cap here? SB I'm not concerned about -- put him on a flush draw at best. UTG+1 would play T8-A8 here, and has no subtlety to his betting. I'm thinking trips.

Turn: (15 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Well, the flush draw just got here. I've got Kc as an out. Planning on just check/calling it down.

River: (21 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB
Old 07-29-2004, 02:31 PM

Default Re: KK in the BB -- too timid?

at the level is is just too tough to tell. I had KK vs 22 and 10 7 with a flush on the board capped at all streets and I won.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:40 PM

Too timid? Nope I think it's smart to slow down to a 3 bet on the flop. I can't see laying this down either, even if you don't have a flush draw after the turn (though that certainly helps with the nausea factor of calling this). That pot is just too damn big, and you've still got plenty of outs.

This looks like a golden table for PS .05/.1 -- I remember them being tighter. This looks more like a Paradise .05/.1 table with 7 people seeing a 3-bet flop. How did you do here?
Old 07-29-2004, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too timid? Nope I think it's smart to slow down to a 3 bet on the flop. I can't see laying this down either, even if you don't have a flush draw after the turn (though that certainly helps with the nausea factor of calling this). That pot is just too damn big, and you've still got plenty of outs.

This looks like a golden table for PS .05/.1 -- I remember them being tighter. This looks more like a Paradise .05/.1 table with 7 people seeing a 3-bet flop. How did you do here?

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a good table. 30BB up in around 80 hands. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 07-29-2004, 04:51 PM

I think you played it fine. I don't think capping the flop helps, because the drawing hand will call anyway.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:13 PM

I dont think theres any other way to play it. Win or lose good hand