Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2004, 03:43 PM

Default PFR% from blinds

I noticed that my preflop raise percent of 13.5% is somewhat lower than what many successful 10/20 6 max players have posted. My other stats (VP$IP 24%, W$SD 55%, W$WSF 41%, etc.) seem to be more or less in line.

I'm thinking that this may be becuase I raise less than most from the blinds. For non-blind positions, my PFR% ranges from 15.5% to 18%. For the SB, it is 12.3%, and for the BB, just 4.9%.

My question: what are other winning 6 max 10/20 players' PFR% from the blinds? And what are the weakest hands you all are raising with here?

For my part, if there are more than one or two players in the pot, I pretty much restrict my blind raises to AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AK. I will usually check with hands as strong as AQ or TT, since I find it very difficult to play these hands out of position if I don't like the flop.

Of course, if it's just me and a limping SB, this all goes out the window, and I raise much more aggressively.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:08 AM

Default Re: PFR% from blinds

Bump
Old 07-28-2004, 11:24 AM

what line do you take after a raise in front of you? call two cold or three bet? it seems to me a high PFR in shorthanded has to come with three betting a good bit.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:32 PM

I basically never cold call a preflop raise in front of me (I've done it only 5 times out of 7,000 hands in my Pokertracker database). It's 3 bet or fold. This is shorthanded, after all.

The hands I 3 bet depend largely on the opponent doing the raising and his position.