Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 12:56 PM

Default Hand #1 of 365 for review

Beginning today and every day for the next 365 days, I will begin posting hands in an effort to take my game to the next level.I have come as far as I can just lurking and its time for me to get more involved. Party 5/10 only real read is that MP2 is LAG.

I'm on the button and am dealt 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

MP1 limps, MP2 limps, CO limps I call??? Loose? BB checks.

Five see the flop of 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check, check, check CO bets and I raise?? with 4 to a flush and the sucker end of the straight. Anyone like this raise?
BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls 2 cold and CO folds.

Turn is the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Now MP2 bets into me and I call.

River is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] MP2 checks, and I check behind. Does anyone bet this river? I'm thinking that he won't call with a worse hand.

Results to follow
Old 07-26-2004, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Hand #1 of 365 for review

Im definately interested in the replies to this. I think you played it fine. Im not at the stage where Im seeing this flop.

I think the call pre-flop is ok if SB would have completed. The number of opponents is spot on for this drawing hand. Also, now that your in the flop, raise is the only option other than fold IMO. When bet into on the turn you have enough of your own money in there that you have to see it to the end, and checking behind is good.

BTW, if your going to post one a day for a year, use the converter.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:20 PM

I think the preflop call is standard.

I would like the flop raise with overcards and your draws, but with just undercards and 4 opponents you are behind, have fewer outs than with overcards, don't clean up your pair outs (because its unlikey the 8 or 6 will be good if your hit anyway), and could be 3-bet, making your draw more expensive. But if you felt CO was weak then your cards aren't really that important and the raise is not bad, and if the pot were 3-handed as opposed to 5 handed I would like it more.

I check the river as well, it looks like MP2 has a hand scared of a Q or 7.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:23 PM

I agree that calling the flop and looking to improve while dragging some limpers along is the way to go.

The rest looks good. I'm not betting this river.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:24 PM

There is no question to your preflop limp; it is standard.

Don't raise this flop. There is no need to drive out potential overcallers on your draw, you aren't cleaning up overcard outs, you'll rarely get a free card and you often you'll get 3-bet on such a board.

I dont' think betting the river here is going to be profitable enough. You have little value in a bet.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 07-26-2004, 01:24 PM

I'de call and collect all the check/calls behind me. With such a nice draw, why shut people out?

Haupt_234
Old 07-26-2004, 02:45 PM

Default RESULTS

MP2 showed A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and my hand was good.

As soon as I raised the CO's bet I felt like I made a mistake knocking all the checkers out.