Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2004, 02:50 AM

Default 100-200 beautiful hand

Table is 9 handed. 100-200, only like my 5th time to play this high a limit. They dont spread it where im from.

The player in question is an old man that owns a chain of liqor stores. He likes to raise. Not the worst player ever, and he was actally up pretty big from hitting hands and pushing alot of people around. A raise from him means any 2 broadway cards or any pp or ofsuit or suited connectors. If he has anything he pumps it like there is no tomorrow.

Anyway im SB with black 6's, Utg calls Folded to old man who raises mp1 (suprise), folded to me I 3 bet knowing the BB is quite tight and UTG is tightest player at the table, and hes scared of me(young kid, he was playing above his bank roll). BB and kid fold. We take the flop heads up.

flop comes 8d-8s-5c
I bet, he calls.

turn is 4c
I check,he bets, i raise, he calls.

river 4d
I check, he bets, i raise, he calls.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:55 AM

Default Re: 100-200 beautiful hand

If you won this hand this guy actually IS the worst player ever.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:53 AM

He has 67, right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2004, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you won this hand this guy actually IS the worst player ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

he owns liquor stores. he's rich. he likes to bet and raise. his raises mean broadway cards, suiteds anything!!! that in and of itself defines him as a pretty bad player. there is almost no question that Blake won this hand and that he was called by ace or king high. if he lost this hand it is just barely and probably to 77 or 99.

-Barron

PS- i LOVE LOVE LOVE the river checkraise and HATE HATE HATE the turn checkraise...IMO optimal play there was 3bet preflop, bet the flop, bet the turn and c-r the river.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:03 PM

Haha no straight.
He had A-5 offsuit, which was more than i put him on. I was thinking ace of king high like decifr.
my had was good.

If i knew he had a pair i would have lead into him on the turn, and it probly would have gotten 3-bet, he might have even capped it.
He bet every time it was cheked to him if he was going to call anyway, so i knew the check raise on the turn and river were automatic money.
I thought he would have raised me on the flop with his 5, he defenitely would have with the 8, but i guess he was slow playing.

Anyway, i thought the double checkraise was interesting.
Moral of the story: watch for people who hate money when you enter the poker room.

thanks for you comments.
blake