Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2004, 02:35 AM

Default A6s, should I have been more aggressive?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.50 BB, between SB, Hero and UTG
Old 07-22-2004, 02:54 AM

Default Re: A6s, should I have been more aggressive?

Hi farrquaad,

I think that you played the hand well. I typically try to find any excuse possible to bet and/or raise my Flush draws on the Flop. Cleaning up outs, buying a free card, value, etc. But on the Flop, with SB leading in to you, and the pot being relatively small, I think that just calling is fine. I'd have raised the Turn as you did, and I'd have also slowed down to the 3-bet. Well-played, and welcome to the forums,

-Brian
Old 07-22-2004, 03:38 AM

It looks ok to me.

I'm not sure if this was your intention but if at any point here raising the SB again is likely to make UTG fold, then you are getting just as much money in the pot by calling, only less of the money comes from you. (That means, if UTG will fold to your raise, this line of play is making you more money than another raise would).

k
Old 07-22-2004, 09:53 AM

Cold call is fine on the flop.

One has to think SB would've raised out of the blind with QQ or TT, so you really only have 2 hands to worry about on the turn: QT and 55. I would generally cap this turn with the plan of raising and calling a 3-bet on the river unless something ugly (like another Q) hit.

I'm expecting to see something like Tx or Qx from SB.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm expecting to see something like Tx or Qx from SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct:

Hero shows 6s As (flush, ace high).
UTG shows Th 6h (three of a kind, tens).
SB shows 2s Tc (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.50 BB.

Thanks all.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would generally cap this turn with the plan of raising and calling a 3-bet on the river unless something ugly (like another Q) hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Mr. Smith.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:00 PM

I think you should cap the turn. A full house is not all that likely, and most people will play trips with a decent kicker the same way. The presence of the other guy who is probably drawing dead and called two already-he will likely call two more is all the more reason to cap.
If I capped and he bet the river, I would probably call then, because the other guy might be a little more likely to pay off, and then I would be a little more scared of the boat (although I still think you would be a slight favorite at that point.)
This is also party .5/1, where three of a kind beats flush in the minds of many players.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:41 PM

Eh, you've got the nut flush. cap the turn and raise the river. The boat is possible of course but I doubt you'll see it enough times to make it profitable to slow down with the nut flush.