Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Weak on the turn?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between SB, Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (15.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Ah 8c (one pair, aces).
Hero shows Kh Ac (one pair, aces).
Button shows As 5s (two pair, aces and fives).
Outcome: Button wins 15.50 BB. </font>
Old 07-21-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Weak on the turn?

Ack, this is a tough AK hand. I don't want to raise the turn and be 3 bet by the nuts (which I will have to call down). But, I don't want to give another free card if ahead. I think you should probably raise the turn here but I don't fault the way you played it. I'd be very nervous about SB betting out here too.

Don't worry about button outdrawing you though, he wasn't going anywhere on the turn with the nut flush draw and top pair, even if you raised.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-21-2004, 02:12 PM

I would've raised the turn just to punish people playing 2 junk spades, but Button looks like a calling station, so I don't think he'd have folded there no matter what once he hit his Ace.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:16 PM

With the flop raiser just calling the turn, I think you can take over and raise here. Looking at the results, it *might* have won the pot for you if it could have gotten the button to fold (questionable). At a loose table, you run a decent risk of being up against 2 pair when the ace comes up, though. If someone bets into you on the river after your turn raise, then you just call.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:20 PM

I agree. I don't think either of these guys were folding for one more BB. But I do think raising the turn would have been a better play.