Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 01:32 PM

Default Somebody smack me!

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Ok, I pick up the draw here, and w/ the two bets into me I think I'm right to call this hoping to get the heart.

River: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG+2 calls.

Ok, I get my heart. I check w/ the intention of raising UTG+2's bet. But then MP1 raises, and I get to thinking (uh-oh). Maybe he was on the draw too . . . and he's got to have better hearts than I do, right . . . so I fold. What a dope.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.50 BB, between UTG+2 and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+2 (10.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+2 shows 7s Kh (one pair, kings).
MP1 shows 2h Ac (high card, ace).
Old 07-21-2004, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Somebody smack me!

Oh dear god. If I see this again I will beat you repeatedly! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 01:37 PM

*SMACK!*

Wow...
Old 07-21-2004, 01:37 PM

SMACK!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I pick up the draw here, and w/ the two bets into me I think I'm right to call this hoping to get the heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is fine. You're getting 4:1 pot odds on your call. Add in implied odds and you're good.

[ QUOTE ]

River: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG+2 calls.

Ok, I get my heart. I check w/ the intention of raising UTG+2's bet. But then MP1 raises, and I get to thinking (uh-oh). Maybe he was on the draw too . . . and he's got to have better hearts than I do, right . . . so I fold. What a dope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smack, smack, smack! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I wish you hadn't posted the results, but in any case, you can't fold here. I agree that it looks like you're beat, but you've got to call. If it's re-raised behind you, then you can think about folding but even then, I'd probably call this down.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:42 PM

Correction you have a flush. You've got to 3 bet.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:44 PM

I just don't know what to say.

1. SMACK.
2. SMACK.
3. You made the hand you were trying to get and fold. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
4. SMACK.
5. SMACK.
6. What's your PP name? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
7. SMACK.
8. SMACK.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:57 PM

lol, wont be hard to figure out [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Correction you have a flush. You've got to 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I'd 3-bet here. I think UTG+1 will likely fold to 2 cold and you only end up getting 1 bet out of the MP player, plus you run the risk of being re-raised if he really has a flush. If you call, UTG+1 will likely call 1 as well, and you win the same 1 bet without the risk of a re-raise.

However, I haven't been playing PP .5/1 very long, so maybe the players are a little crazier than I give them credit for. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero folds

[/ QUOTE ]

Nooooo

-Sent