Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2004, 06:53 PM

Default 20-40 in the Pit at Taj: Who finds a fold on the turn?

Playing in an excellent must-move 20 game in the pit at the back of the Taj poker room. Very loose game. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the big blind. Two players limp and the button raises. The button seems to play a lot of hands and seems to like raising connectors. SB folds, I call and the limpers call. The flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, both limpers check and the button bets. I raise. First limper folds and now the second limper comes to life and makes it three bets. The button calls 2 cold. I call. The turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, limper bets, button calls. What's your play here? Call, fold? Is it close? The check-three bet seems like it has to be a set and button could have an overpair. I'm getting about 8.5-1 on the turn.

Jeff
Old 07-19-2004, 08:17 PM

Default Re: 20-40 in the Pit at Taj: Who finds a fold on the turn?

hi jeff
when the MP 3-bets on the flop, if you've been calling a lot, then go ahead and fold. this advise will not be widely accepted, but in this situation, i like the fold if my opponent is expecting the call.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:23 PM

Looks like the only hand you beat in that spot is a very agressive flush draw with the 7 of hearts. Hes not going to come over the top of you with AT. So youre looking at hitting your kicker or possibly a 7, if youre not drawing dead. Youre not even going to raise the end if you hit your kicker, seems like a good time to hit the door.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:43 PM

A lot depends on MP. I don't think you can fold the flop like elysium said. If he is an aggressive, thinking player, it could be a flush draw saying let's see if I can get this headsup with position and some outs (maybe 87 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]). However, on the turn when he continues to bet and is called by the button, you can probably let go of the hand. Like I said, a lot is dependent on what type of player MP is.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:16 PM

Why would the flush draw want it heads up?

Otherwise, Id bet that you were looking at a set of 7s from the limper, or possible KQh? Either way, I assume its an easy fold.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:20 PM

I fold, AK, a set, 2 pair, flush draw+pair, or flush draw +gutshot, either way it has to be a monster 95% of the time
it could be a move but in the LR not worth finding out
Old 07-20-2004, 05:50 PM

Default RESULTS

On the turn, the flop 3-bettor bet, the button called and I folded. I assumed there was too good a chance I was beaten in one and possibly both spots. The river blanked. MP bet and the button called. MP flopped a set of 3's and the button mucked. Thanks for the replies.

Jeff