Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2004, 12:41 AM

Default That\'s Mister Fish to You : QJs in the BB

Party's 15/30, 9-handed. I'm in the BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. One player fold to a really loose, fishy calling-station of a UTG+1 who limps. A solid EMP who's a regular at the 15 raises, folded to a loose/passive CO calls, an unknown Button calls, and the SB folds. I call, EP calls. 5 to the flop for 10.6 SB's.

Flop comes: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

It's checked to EMP who bets. He would not do this with an underpair. The CO raises, Button 3-bets. I call. EP folds, EMP caps it and we all call, and the CO calls. 4 to the turn for 11.3 BB's.

Turn comes: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, EMP checks, CO checks, Button bets. I call, EMP raises. CO drops, Button 3-bets, I call, EMP caps, we call. 3 to the river for 23.3 BB's.

Let's just stop right there for now, 'cause I have a couple questions. First, the obvious. I can't remember the last time I called 3 bets cold, and I certainly have never done it on a gutshot before. How good or bad was my call here and is it even close? Second, what range of hands do you put EMP and the Button on after the turn with percentages.

GoT