Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2004, 10:43 PM

Default gamingclubpoker review on upgraded software!

I love the new mini view which is way better than UBs mini view. Also the little icon that tells you if you have notes on a certain player also helps. Actually that little icon helped me place 5th in tonights $7,500 tourny that let me know the player has been bluffing alot through out the tourny.

Like the new points system and hope you keep it for future use and not just this month. Scratch cards are a nice touch for every 300 bbps only won on 2 of them though the $1 wons the big ones alot harder to win at.

Keep up the good work.

peace
Old 07-15-2004, 12:37 AM

Default Re: gamingclubpoker review on upgraded software!

I like the new features too. One of the most innovative sites around.

However i have a problem with the betting slider in the NL games which sometimes either stops just before maximum when all in and leaving me some some cents. There has also been some times when i´ve gone all in with the slider but the bet indicator only shows another persons all in amount even though you got him covered. When you readjust the slider again it´s correct.

Those are some small issues but what i find really annoying is that you have to sitout to rebuy. Not that i hope to be doing that very often though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

//Snow
Old 07-15-2004, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However i have a problem with the betting slider in the NL games which sometimes either stops just before maximum when all in and leaving me some some cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, this is really irritating, particularly when the screen is filled with millions of chips for the $1,347.27 bet you've just made and had called!

Also, using the regular screen size, you can't scroll the chat backwards. If there's active chat going on, half of the info disappears unread and can't be retreived other than by switching to the large screen (which I hate).

The only other problem I've seen is an occasional one where the tournament lobby refuses to work properly (no info listed, time of tournament keeps resetting, etc). The only solution I've found to this is to log out and back in.

Other than that the new features are good and the site is definitely worth playing on again.

However, the bonus point scheme is still impossibly harsh though, particularly the fact that pot and no limit games are considered less worthy of points (in some cases not worthy at all) than a 1/2 or 2/4 limit game. Given that the majority of active tables are pot and no limit, the game selection for the maximum point games is very limited. Considering that only about 10-15% of my Holdem hands played subsequently qualify as raked hands its debatable whether working off the bonus requirement is worth the effort. However, its free money so I haven't lost anything if I don't make it!

Sheriff
Old 07-15-2004, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering that only about 10-15% of my Holdem hands played subsequently qualify as raked hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Sherrif Fatman

As the raked hands are the hands that are raked and which you have put any amount of money into, your 10-15% on qualified raked hands seems a tad low since you allready put money in the pot on both your blinds.

The perception of raked hands differ from the real %age of raked hands.

I agree that the game selection could be better in the fixed limit games, but atleast the ones running are pretty good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ToT
Old 07-15-2004, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As the raked hands are the hands that are raked and which you have put any amount of money into, your 10-15% on qualified raked hands seems a tad low since you allready put money in the pot on both your blinds.

The perception of raked hands differ from the real %age of raked hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

ToT

Not all the games where I post a blind are raked.

I've just checked my figures and, after 3.5 hours of ring game play in July, mostly at 2/4 where 3 points are awarded per qualifying hand, I've accumulated 134 points, which equates to about 40-50 raked hands, and is less than halfway towards the first $20 of bonus.

Some of this play was at shorthanded tables so the points aren't exactly cascading in, are they?

I did a similar exercise at another Prima site last month which required 250 raked hands to qualify for a freeroll tournament. It took 13 hours of table time to achieve this, mostly very loose PLO where I made a conscious effort to limp in to nearly every hand.

It seems a little counter-productive to have to play deliberately loose to work off a bonus, as the benefits of the bonus will probably be wiped out by the lost money during play.

Sheriff
Old 07-15-2004, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I love the new mini view which is way better than UBs mini view. Also the little icon that tells you if you have notes on a certain player also helps. Actually that little icon helped me place 5th in tonights $7,500 tourny that let me know the player has been bluffing alot through out the tourny.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you very much and good going on placing in the tournament!

[ QUOTE ]

Keep up the good work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Roger that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

I like the new features too. One of the most innovative sites around.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the compliment.

[ QUOTE ]

However i have a problem with the betting slider in the NL games which sometimes either stops just before maximum when all in and leaving me some some cents. There has also been some times when i´ve gone all in with the slider but the bet indicator only shows another persons all in amount even though you got him covered. When you readjust the slider again it´s correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the new features is the updated betting slider. Has this not helped at all? As mentioned in our initial post about the new software, here’s a breakdown of what you can do with the betting slider:

Right click on the bet slider to access the “quick bet” feature. A little pop-up menu will appear giving you a choice of betting increments.

You can also type your bet amount into the box on the right hand side of the betting slider and hit your enter/return key. Your Bet/Raise button will automatically reflect the amount you typed in and then you just need to click your Bet/Raise button to bet that amount.

Let us know if that works better for you.

[ QUOTE ]

Those are some small issues but what i find really annoying is that you have to sitout to rebuy. Not that i hope to be doing that very often though

[/ QUOTE ]
We hope so too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. This may already be on the development list (we need to double check), but if not, then we’ll suggest to Prima that this functionality is added.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, using the regular screen size, you can't scroll the chat backwards. If there's active chat going on, half of the info disappears unread and can't be retreived other than by switching to the large screen (which I hate).

[/ QUOTE ]
Here’s a small interim solution. Use the scroll bar in the chat window and drag it to the text you want to read, and keep your finger on the mouse button. The chat will jump to the most recent text at the bottom, but will immediately go back to where you’ve dragged the slider so that you can at least read the chat.

[ QUOTE ]

The only other problem I've seen is an occasional one where the tournament lobby refuses to work properly (no info listed, time of tournament keeps resetting, etc). The only solution I've found to this is to log out and back in.

[/ QUOTE ]
The reason this sometimes happens is that the client is pulling quite a substantial amount of information from the server, so what may appear to be a system hang, is just the client taking some time to update. As an alternative to shutting it down and restarting it, give it a bit of time to update. It may save you a restart/re-login [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Other than that the new features are good and the site is definitely worth playing on again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad you like it.

[ QUOTE ]

However, the bonus point scheme is still impossibly harsh though, particularly the fact that pot and no limit games are considered less worthy of points (in some cases not worthy at all) than a 1/2 or 2/4 limit game. Given that the majority of active tables are pot and no limit, the game selection for the maximum point games is very limited. Considering that only about 10-15% of my Holdem hands played subsequently qualify as raked hands its debatable whether working off the bonus requirement is worth the effort. However, its free money so I haven't lost anything if I don't make it!

[/ QUOTE ]
As we also mentioned in the Software Upgrade thread, you’re correct about the discrepancy, however, we felt that it was better to take the simplest route and go with what would be easiest for the average player to understand at first glance.

As Mr. Banana kindly mentioned, many people have been surprised as to how many raked hands they play. In most cases, our players aren’t actually as tight as they think they are.

Enjoy the bonus and thanks to all for your comments a feedback.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the new features is the updated betting slider. Has this not helped at all? As mentioned in our initial post about the new software, here’s a breakdown of what you can do with the betting slider:

Right click on the bet slider to access the “quick bet” feature. A little pop-up menu will appear giving you a choice of betting increments.

You can also type your bet amount into the box on the right hand side of the betting slider and hit your enter/return key. Your Bet/Raise button will automatically reflect the amount you typed in and then you just need to click your Bet/Raise button to bet that amount.

Let us know if that works better for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem arises for me when making an all-in bet (or at least trying to) during tournaments. I'm conditioned to either being able to quickly move the slider to the Max or to hit the all-in option.

Having to follow the alternative options should not be necessary for an all-in bet (which is probably the most frequently used option during tournaments) and, to be fair, probably doesn't spring to the minds of most players in the middle of a tournament.

Its a minor irritation, nothing more. Besides, you've been dealing me such crap in recent tournaments that raise all-in is not an option that leaps to mind particularly often [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Sheriff
Old 07-15-2004, 09:51 AM

Let's hope it your run of luck changes Sherriff.

The nice thing with the new quick bet feature (when you want to go all-in) is when you right click the slider, the increment listed right at the bottom of the pop-up menu is to go all in.

Hopefully for most players it isn't a problem to adjust, but we completely understand your point of doing the natural thing and moving the slider to the max.

Just another option. Use it, don't use it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]