Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Getting Bluffed when your short-stacked

The other night, myself and some friends of mine were having one of our usual poker nights. We are not rich, mind you (and therefore play pretty minimal stakes), so you'll have to adjust your perspective and limits. NLHE tournament, $10 buy in....4 players left at the table. I'm BB w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The other 2 players fold to the SB and he calls. I raise and triple the BB bet. SB calls. Flop turns 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks and I bet 2X the pot. SB calls. Turn comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks and I bet the same amount as before and SB calls again. River drops a J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and SB goes all in. I fold and SB is nice enough to reveal 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

This really pissed me off that I folded in this situation seeing as how our games our usually for lower limits and thus tend to be very aggressive. Was this a rational move to fold??? I mean, I had already played the A-8 way aggressive...I just couldn't see getting pushed in with 2 overcards that could've paired him up. Did the 8 coronas have something to do with the bad play? Did I tip the strength of my hand b/c I wasn't that concerned with body language at the low limits? Probably both....i just can't help being mad at myself for not playing aggressive all the way through.