Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2004, 11:29 AM

Default 20-40 Hand

Loose passive 20-40

UTG limps, UTG+1 raises, 3 calls, Hero is on the button with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB calls, UTG calls. 7 to the flop (14.5 SB)

UTG+1 is loose aggressive. The rest are mostly loose passive. I play with some of these guys a lot and they see me as a tight player. That was certainly my table image this session.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me and I bet. Folded to UTG+1 who check raises. 2 MP's calls. I call.

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets, MP's call. I Raise. Everyone calls.

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me. Do I have a value bet here? My concern was that the two MP's would probably put me on big cards and may figure I have a big flush and they were calling me down with smaller flushes.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:30 AM

Default Re: 20-40 Hand

i do see how anyone with a flush is checking this on the river...you absoultey should bet here
Old 07-14-2004, 11:34 AM

HammerinHank,

I could get up from my chair, put a head of lettuce behind my keyboard and it would tell you to bet. Do you see why?

jujujaja34
Old 07-14-2004, 11:41 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

nice work.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:43 PM

this is really funny, i just finished reading a value bet river heads up post and now this one...

although the correct action on this one is by far and away ,not even remotely "close", a bet. the 77 on Q53Q3 board after the blind check calls is just far and away a bet...this one is in a whole other universe.

how can you question this bet? if you're questioning this bet i think you should really read up and study hand reading, turn play, river play, and multiway pot play...

ok ok..sorry, im done.

-Barron
Old 07-14-2004, 12:55 PM

I agree with everyone else. Why play the hand in the first place if you're afraid to bet your made hand?

This is a must bet.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:46 PM

I just spit water onto my keyboard. It would have been funnier if I hadn't just ruined a work keyboard.

Nice Post jujujaja34
Old 07-14-2004, 02:03 PM

Default Relax Guys

I'm glad you guys don't hesitate to tell me what you think. I did bet and was called by all three opponents. You guys wouldn't believe how passively some of these guys play. With three calls I expected to be shown a bigger flush. The loose aggressive UTG showed ATo and bitched about me calling his pre flop raise. I spared him the explanation of pot odds. :-). The other two just mucked.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Relax Guys

I'm actually curious if 67s should be played for 2 bets preflop. I would certainly call it for one, then another if raised after me, but am I losing out if I'm folding preflop for two bets?
Old 07-14-2004, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Relax Guys

With 7 players in - I'll play for 4 bets with 67s.