Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2004, 01:31 PM

Default On the bubble -- Wrong Move?

Small home tourney. 4 Players left. I'm 4th -- top 3 get paid $2000, $1200, $800.

Blinds are $400/800 - $100 ante

UTG-Me T12000
MP T18000
SB T130000 Chip Leader
BB T30000

Chip leader is raising EVERY Pot Pre-Flop $3000-$5000 without even looking at his cards. He is chip leader but otherwise a complete idiot. The other two are solid Tight-Aggressive Players. Like me, they have been folding everything for several orbits waiting for a hand to play.

UTG(Me) Dealt 10-10. I move all in.

Looks like it is time to go, but is it?
Old 07-13-2004, 01:55 PM

Default Re: On the bubble -- Wrong Move?

Looks good.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:04 PM

i might limp re-raise. chip leader is probably not so much of a maniac that he'd call with 63o but it sounds like he'd raise with it.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:08 PM

I figure the chip leader will call without looking -- he has been. And the other two will fold to get out of the way.

I wonder if I should call $800 and wait to see if BB calls the chip leader Automatic raise of $3000-$5000. If BB calls the big auto raise -- do I lay down the 10-10. If BB folds then I move all in and likely only face the chip leader anyway.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:10 PM

That is what I was thinking after the fact schwza. He will raise with ANYTHING, but a reraise may make him stop and look for total garbage.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:21 PM

Raising every hand with that big a chip lead when everyone is folding for several orbits sounds like excellent strategy to me. That’s exactly what the bigstack should be doing, and his raise size sounds about right.

TT in this situation is easy push. I think you want to isolate the big stack, and pushing will get rid of the others with almost all of their potential hands.

And if you push in with 12k after he raised 5k and there is 1.6k in pot already, then he is risking 7k to win 18k for 2.5 to 1 on his money, so he would be correct to call with any A,K,Q,J if he could see your cards, and easily correct to call with 72o if you had AKs or 66. So calling with ANY two cards might not be correct, but it’s not so far off correct either.

-Greg
Old 07-13-2004, 04:05 PM

Default Results

I agree. Chip leader has a good stategy at this point, but he built he chips up by calling ALL IN bets earlier like his 66 VS AK, his QJo VS QQ, his J8o VS KQs and drew out on them all.... so I still think he is an idiot, but he should be aggressive right now like he is.

I pushed 12K with TT - MP FOLD - Chip leader called without looking at his 46o. BB called with AKo

BB paired the A and took the pot. So I was out 4th.

Thus I continue to ponder.... if I called the $800 then MP folded and SB/chip leader raised $5000.... if BB called/rasied or pushed all in.... could I have folded TT since BB likely has something?