Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2004, 07:05 PM

Default SnG epiphany

Just played a $10 SnG at Paradise. Managed to fight back after being crippled early to make the last three. I am short stack but 2nd place just barely has me covered. Chip leader has 3X our 2K stacks.
Here is how I went out:
Got 10 10 UTG and push all-in. 2nd place calls me and I am delighted when he turns over 10d-7d. Unfortunately, the flop is J8x and turn is a 9 and I am gone. Now, I think this is the worst beat ever (I think I am about a 7 to 1 favorite here) and begin to stew. Then it occurs to me that the person that took me out might have been correct in their call. Any comments?
Old 07-10-2004, 07:32 PM

Default Re: SnG epiphany

more information is needed to make that judgement... like--- what the blinds were, how much more it was for him to call (was he BB or SB), etc.... for example, if the blinds were only 50/100, he definitely didn't have odds to call....

also, how had you been playing up to that point? very aggressive, pushing a lot? was it likely that your hand wasn't very strong, etc....
Old 07-10-2004, 07:35 PM

Default Re: SnG epiphany

I think the blinds were 50-100 or so. Yes, I had been aggressive. Due to my short stack I was all-in pre-flop any hand I played. Caller was in small blind. We were both around 2K TC.