Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2004, 06:11 PM

Default Open trips hand

20-40 semi-loose, semi aggro game

hero is BB with 5d 6s

preflop
utg folds, utg+1 folds, utg +2 folds, mp1 calls, mp2 calls, mp3 folds, co calls, button folds, sb complets, Hero checks.

Flop comes (3d 5c 5s)

sb bets, hero cals, mp1 fold, mp2 call, mp3 fold

Turn 9s (3d 5c 5s)

sb bets, hero calls, mp2 raises, sb calls, hero 3-bets, call, call

River Js (9s 3d 5s 5c)

sb bets, hero calls, mp2 calls.

Main question is if slow playin the flop is correct. I would have led out hoping to get raised if sb diddnt bet. but he bet out so i smooth called hoping to get a couple more in. also wondering about turn play. the original smooth call on the turn was not to push out mp2, or get reraised by the sb if he had a 5 with a better kicker. When mp2 raised and sb called my play was clear. River i slowed down because i put sb on a bigger 6 or a flush draw.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Open trips hand

slowplay the flop? yes. 3 people behind you, no "real" draws out there other than 64 and it may be in the sb's hand but the sb may also have an overpair on the flop. on the turn i think the sb having an overpair is less likely and i'm trying to put MP2 on a hand...smooth calls the flop and raises 2 players when a seemingly harmless 9 falls and calls through all that aggression on the river...you may be against something like A9 from MP2 but how much heat can he stand with that cheese? obviously a lot...

sb i figure has to have a 5 or 77 or 88. if he has a 5 you're likely toast so i like the overcall on the river. you know mp2 will call b/c he raised the turn and called your3 bet. raising the sb after him betting out on the river seems a bit risky as you'll be 3bet when beat and lose the mp2 overcall a good deal of the time...

overall i think you're hand is good or loses to a better 5 or oddly played (why not c-r the river) boat w/ 33.

slowplaying the flop seems good as you have callers behind in a semi aggro/loose game...

-Barron