Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: TT - when waiting to raise doesn\'t protect your hand

The only way TT has a huge equity with this flop is if you put your opponent on nothing, not even a draw. Like I said in my previous post, even if you put your opponents on the worst draws they likely have TT is not the favorite. Besides,
[ QUOTE ]
If the turn card is safe, you're going to wish you could raise the turn. Again, this is true regardless of what you would have done in response to a scary turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2005, 03:31 PM

This is straight out of the Two Overpair Hands section of SSHE. Call and if you're still good on the turn, raise to reflect your bigger equity edge.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is straight out of the Two Overpair Hands section of SSHE. Call and if you're still good on the turn, raise to reflect your bigger equity edge.

[/ QUOTE ]\

This is NOT straight out of the Two Overpair Hands section of SSHE. Look at the hands and compare them. Read Wookies and smoovee's posts at the bottom. Hey, it might or might not be best to wait for turn, depending on reads. But we likely have a monstrous equity edge on the flop, Give someone the ace high flush draw and the other guy k8, and we still have 40% edge, and most of the time we are in much better shape then that.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

This is NOT straight out of the Two Overpair Hands section of SSHE. Look at the hands and compare them. Read Wookies and smoovee's posts at the bottom. Hey, it might or might not be best to wait for turn, depending on reads. But we likely have a monstrous equity edge on the flop, Give someone the ace high flush draw and the other guy k8, and we still have 40% edge, and most of the time we are in much better shape then that.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, tehox, while we both recommend the same course of action, I disagree with your reasoning. Fourty percent equity is a 7% edge. That is far from huge.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:31 PM

Hey MrWookie, I am saying pretty much worst case we have 40% equity. I think most of the time we have 50-60% equity. That makes it more similar to the AA hand in the two overpair chapter of SSHE . In a 3 way pot this is still not monstrous equity, but coupled with the fact that I think you're getting a raise in on the turn like maybe 1/3 of the time, I think the raise on the flop is correct.